Old May 9th 20, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Nice empty tube

In message , Graeme Wall
writes
On 09/05/2020 16:35, wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2020 11:53:10 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/05/2020 11:51,
wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2020 10:18:50 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Some, like Raab and Hancock, are simply over-promoted, but might
grow into
the job; others, like Patel and Williamson, shouldn't be in the
Cabinet at

Patel shouldn't even be an MP, never mind home secretary with her
temperament
and lack of ability.

She fulfills the basic requirements for the post, she's no threat to Boris.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...to-take-contro
l-of-the-
cockpit-25t0tw7ck?shareToken=6b18d3fb6b6d01ff91914c0ed6fb7 92e

He's spot on.
"It’s time to ask whether Boris Johnson is up to the job"
I think we all know the answer to that. He's not quite as bad as
Theresa May
but he's no Churchill as some more deluded journos liked to portray him. He's
not even a John Major - at least the latter knew his own mind even if most
decisions he made were usually wrong.

r some reason I am seeing your posts in this thread, but not Recliners.

Did you, like me, once block anything posted from gmail.com after a
spate of drug pusher posts using gmail addresses?
--
Bryan Morris

Old May 9th 20, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
On 09/05/2020 16:32, michael adams wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

BBC's poster child on the evening news was a lady who was 8yrs old on VE day.

Don't despair.

It's only another 11 years to the 75th anniversary of Suez.

Who is going to want to commemorate our defeat by the Americans?

Well Roland for a start; if it gives him the chance of being a poster child
on the TV.

Its pretty obvious he's rather miffed at missing out on VE Day.

michael adams

Old May 9th 20, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/05/2020 16:32, michael adams wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

BBC's poster child on the evening news was a lady who was 8yrs old on VE day.

Don't despair.

It's only another 11 years to the 75th anniversary of Suez.

Who is going to want to commemorate our defeat by the Americans?

Same wazzocks who now celebrate the 4th of July in England.

GH

Old May 9th 20, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 9 May 2020 17:16:40 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Fri, 8 May 2020 19:27:00 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:

That's all very interesting I'm sure. However I was merely pointing out that
whether or not the carriages were nice and empty as they were in your case,
would presumably depend on the time of day your journey was made. So that
without any such information, your otherwise helpful suggestion that others
might care to follow your example, is of very little use I'm afraid.

I went into town about 12.30 and came back around 2.30. At one point I
literally had an entire piccadilly line train to myself apart from the

driver.
It was quite bizarre.

Thanks. Although with everything closed, presumably, it would probably
be quite frustrating walking around with nowhere to go except maybe
the odd supermarket. Maybe Sainsburys on TCR or Tesco in Googe St
frinstance.

I was taking pictures of the lockdown plus having an nice walk through the
backstreets of the west end and mayfair.

Old May 9th 20, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/05/2020 17:36, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , Graeme Wall
writes
On 09/05/2020 16:35, wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2020 11:53:10 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Some, like Raab and Hancock, are simply over-promoted, but might
grow into
the job; others, like Patel and Williamson, shouldn't be in the
Cabinet at

Patel shouldn't even be an MP, never mind home secretary with her
temperament
and lack of ability.

She fulfills the basic requirements for the post, she's no threat
to Boris.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...to-take-contro
l-of-the-
cockpit-25t0tw7ck?shareToken=6b18d3fb6b6d01ff91914c0ed6fb7 92e
Â*He's spot on.
Â*"It’s time to ask whether Boris Johnson is up to the job"
Â*I think we all know the answer to that. He's not quite as bad as
Theresa May
but he's no Churchill as some more deluded journos liked to portray
him. He's
not even a John Major - at least the latter knew his own mind even if
most
decisions he made were usually wrong.

r some reason I am seeing your posts in this thread, but not Recliners.

Did you, like me, once block anything posted from gmail.com after a
spate of drug pusher posts using gmail addresses?

Nope, I can see his posts on other groups, just not on here.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 9th 20, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:54:15 on Sat, 9 May 2020,
michael adams remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

BBC's poster child on the evening news was a lady who was 8yrs old on VE day.

Don't despair.

It's only another 11 years to the 75th anniversary of Suez.

Who is going to want to commemorate our defeat by the Americans?

Well Roland for a start; if it gives him the chance of being a poster child
on the TV.

Its pretty obvious he's rather miffed at missing out on VE Day.

Where on earth do you get that idea.

Old May 9th 20, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/05/2020 16:35, wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2020 11:53:10 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
Recliner wrote:
[...]

I've not changed how I post, and I don't post via Google Groups.

Old May 9th 20, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/05/2020 16:35, wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2020 11:53:10 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
Recliner wrote:
[...]

Got that one, I've rebooted the computer so maybe it was a glitch.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 9th 20, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message ...
On Sat, 9 May 2020 17:16:40 +0100

"michael adams" wrote:

Thanks. Although with everything closed, presumably, it would probably
be quite frustrating walking around with nowhere to go except maybe
the odd supermarket. Maybe Sainsburys on TCR or Tesco in Googe St
frinstance.

I was taking pictures of the lockdown plus having an nice walk through the
backstreets of the west end and mayfair.

What *would* be useful at any time, would be the ability to take
pictures of streets, buildings, etc. without the intrusive presence
of parked cars everywhere. Along with too much street furniture, about
which nothing can be done of course. Traffic (and pedestrians) can be
largely avoided by starting at 5.a.m. in summer time; although that
then presents the problem of having all the trees in full leaf.

michael adams

Old May 9th 20, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...
In message , at 17:54:15 on Sat, 9 May 2020, michael adams
remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

BBC's poster child on the evening news was a lady who was 8yrs old on VE day.

Don't despair.

It's only another 11 years to the 75th anniversary of Suez.

Who is going to want to commemorate our defeat by the Americans?

Well Roland for a start; if it gives him the chance of being a poster child
on the TV.

Its pretty obvious he's rather miffed at missing out on VE Day.

Where on earth do you get that idea.

Are you stating categorically that if given the chance of being a
poster child, you would in all circumstances refuse ?

michael adams