Old May 10th 20, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Nice empty tube

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

If she went to work in a taxi, paid for by the BBC, then that would clearly
be a complete waste of licence payers, i.e. our money.

Compared to her 200k salary, it's peanuts.

Is it really 200K ? Just for reading an autocue ? It really makes
you think doesn't it ? Thats' 3.8 k a week. Even after tax that's
still 1.9 k. Every single week. Just for reading an autocue for a
few minutes. You can see why some people are so upset. And its our
Licence Payer's money as well,

What I'm saying is she's *lucky* to have that time on her hands, so what she does isn't
a particularly good role model for the rest of us.

According to your other post, she jogs six miles each way. Which at
a reasonable average speed of 4-6 mph should take between 2 and 3
hours per day.

Are you seriously suggesting that somebody who spends between 2 and 3
hours per day exercising, is a poor role model ?

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ? Sat slumped in in
an armchair watching TV ? Posting messages on UseNet ? Spend a part
of her weekly 1.9 k (after tax) on coke or heroin, which she could
well afford obviously, and pass the time that way ?

michael adams

Old May 10th 20, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:54:13 on Sun, 10 May
2020, michael adams remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

If she went to work in a taxi, paid for by the BBC, then that would clearly
be a complete waste of licence payers, i.e. our money.

Compared to her 200k salary, it's peanuts.

Is it really 200K ? Just for reading an autocue ? It really makes
you think doesn't it ? Thats' 3.8 k a week. Even after tax that's
still 1.9 k. Every single week. Just for reading an autocue for a
few minutes.

The job's much more than that, but nice try.

You can see why some people are so upset. And its our
Licence Payer's money as well,

What I'm saying is she's *lucky* to have that time on her hands, so
what she does isn't a particularly good role model for the rest of us.

According to your other post, she jogs six miles each way. Which at
a reasonable average speed of 4-6 mph should take between 2 and 3
hours per day.

Are you seriously suggesting that somebody who spends between 2 and 3
hours per day exercising, is a poor role model ?

It's a lot more than most people exercise, but that's not the point.

Few people can fit that type of commute around their work and home life
schedule, even if they weren't having the change/shower etc.

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ?

She has a husband and three youngish children for starters, which is
going to keep all of them busy.
Old May 10th 20, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

Daily Mail reporting today that he's "on borrowed time" as far as his cabinet
colleagues are concerned.

Like it or not, as with Trump, Boris is a sure fire
election winner.

The fact that the more sophisticated among us might not
be able to see the appeal of either of them is neither here nor
there. In fact its precisely why they are so popular.

His colleagues can huff and puff as much as they like but
they're all nonentities as compared with Boris. A loveable
Old Etonian Television Personality with a string of mistresses
behind him who's also economical with the truth - what more
could any political party ask for ?

In fact as with Trump, its difficult to see what Boris
would need to do in order to become unpopular with the public.

michael adams

Old May 10th 20, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/05/2020 10:00, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Many people spend (spent!) two to three hours a day commuting.

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ?

She has a husband and three youngish children for starters, which is
going to keep all of them busy.

On £200k she can afford a nanny.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 10th 20, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/05/2020 10:13, michael adams wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

Daily Mail reporting today that he's "on borrowed time" as far as his cabinet
colleagues are concerned.

Like it or not, as with Trump, Boris is a sure fire
election winner.

The fact that the more sophisticated among us might not
be able to see the appeal of either of them is neither here nor
there. In fact its precisely why they are so popular.

His colleagues can huff and puff as much as they like but
they're all nonentities as compared with Boris. A loveable
Old Etonian Television Personality with a string of mistresses
behind him who's also economical with the truth - what more
could any political party ask for ?

In fact as with Trump, its difficult to see what Boris
would need to do in order to become unpopular with the public.

Well, at the moment both are trying to kill off their electoral base
through incompetence.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 10th 20, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:54:16 on Sun, 10 May
2020, Graeme Wall remarked:
[...]

Not as many as you probably think. See the transport survey I've cited.

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ?

She has a husband and three youngish children for starters, which is
going to keep all of them busy.

On 200k she can afford a nanny.

Which few people can, and part of the reason why her behaviour isn't a
good aspirational model for the rest of society which can't.
Old May 10th 20, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:

I've been what you might call a bit of a poster chid a few times,

Are you sure you haven’t left the word “Wanted” out in front of poster.

GH

Old May 10th 20, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10/05/2020 11:33, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Probably just as many as I think.

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ?
*She has a husband and three youngish children for starters, which is
going to keep all of them busy.

On £200k she can afford a nanny.

Which few people can, and part of the reason why her behaviour isn't a
good aspirational model for the rest of society which can't.

Tall poppy syndrome.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 10th 20, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

If she went to work in a taxi, paid for by the BBC, then that would
clearly
be a complete waste of licence payers, i.e. our money.

Compared to her 200k salary, it's peanuts.

Is it really 200K ?

BBC Salaries 2019:

"Sophie Raworth - 265,000-269,999"

HTH

tim

Old May 10th 20, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:55:01 on Sun, 10 May
2020, Graeme Wall remarked:

Many people spend (spent!) two to three hours a day commuting.

Not as many as you probably think. See the transport survey I've
cited.

Probably just as many as I think.

What's the percentage you have in mind?

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ?
*She has a husband and three youngish children for starters, which
is going to keep all of them busy.

On 200k she can afford a nanny.

Which few people can, and part of the reason why her behaviour isn't
a good aspirational model for the rest of society which can't.

Tall poppy syndrome.

It's nothing to do with disparaging what she's achieved, just the
practical situation that employing a nanny is likely to cost more than
the average wage-earner's disposable income. I employed nannies for
about eight years, so I know a bit about the logistics.

Including that not many of them will want to stay up until an hour and
half after someone has finished reading the Ten O'clock news.