Old May 13th 20, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus Frequency

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15 minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Old May 13th 20, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

tim... wrote:
Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15 minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many people
are using them.

Old May 13th 20, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:32:02 on Wed, 13 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15 minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many people
are using them.

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.
Old May 14th 20, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:32:02 on Wed, 13 May 2020,
Recliner remarked:

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on
this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15
minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many people
are using them.

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

well that's what you get for living in rural utopia

It's why I moved back (to urbanisation)

tim

Old May 14th 20, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:50:08 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 15:32:02 on Wed, 13 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15 minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many people
are using them.

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

Is it a council-supported service? Ours is, and ancient buses carrying
fresh air are still passing every hour in each direction, carrying
nobody at all between small villages, local towns and Stansted
Airport.

The nearby commercial operator has reduced its service from three
slight variants of a route collectively running every ten minutes to
just one bus per hour.

Old May 14th 20, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:34:23 on
Thu, 14 May 2020, Trolleybus remarked:
wrote:

In message , at 15:32:02 on Wed, 13 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15 minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many people
are using them.

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

Is it a council-supported service?

No, a regular Stagecoach commercial service, and runs 7am-8pm, so it's
viable for commuting if one has to.

Ours is, and ancient buses

We tend to get hand-me-downs from the infamous guided bus, so quite high
spec and rarely more than ten years old.

carrying fresh air are still passing every hour in each direction,
nobody carrying at all between small villages, local towns and Stansted

Old May 14th 20, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

We have two bus routes that cross in Castle Cary. One is down to 3
buses a day. The other is three and a half per day. In both cases it's
just one vehicle shuttling back and forth - the half is because that
bus starts half way along the route, does its' three round trips and
then ends half way along.

The London trains are stopping every 2 hours and the Weymouth branch
has three roundtrips a day with the train based at Westbury making an
empty move at the beginning and end of the day.
Old May 14th 20, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , at 15:32:02 on Wed, 13 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on
this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15
minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many
people
are using them.

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

Is it a council-supported service?

No, a regular Stagecoach commercial service, and runs 7am-8pm, so it's
viable for commuting if one has to.

once every 2 hours doesn't sound viable for commuting

you either have to arrive at 7:30 or 9:30, or whatever

Ours is, and ancient buses

We tend to get hand-me-downs from the infamous guided bus, so quite high
spec and rarely more than ten years old.

carrying fresh air are still passing every hour in each direction, nobody

Old May 14th 20, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:56:02 on Thu, 14 May
2020, tim... remarked:

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

Is it a council-supported service?

No, a regular Stagecoach commercial service, and runs 7am-8pm, so
it's viable for commuting if one has to.

once every 2 hours doesn't sound viable for commuting

you either have to arrive at 7:30 or 9:30, or whatever

Someone needs to tell those promoting the Soham station reopening (it's
a 0.5tph line).

However it depends what time of day the buses are; if there was one that
happened to drop off near work at 8.45 and pick up to go home at say
5.30, it wouldn't be too bad.
Old May 14th 20, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:56:02 on Thu, 14 May 2020,
tim... remarked:

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

Is it a council-supported service?

No, a regular Stagecoach commercial service, and runs 7am-8pm, so it's
viable for commuting if one has to.

once every 2 hours doesn't sound viable for commuting

you either have to arrive at 7:30 or 9:30, or whatever

Someone needs to tell those promoting the Soham station reopening (it's a
0.5tph line).

but it's not exactly on a direct line to anywhere most people will want to
travel for work

surely it's more a leisure/shopping travel station?

tim