Old June 26th 20, 04:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Chalfont & Latimer near miss 23rd June

In article , Recliner
writes
Do you know how Chiltern trains will be adapted for the new Met signalling,
or will conventional signals and tripcocks be retained for them?

I've answered that elsewhe the control centre will generate movement
authorities for Chiltern trains just like ones for Met trains. These
will then be used to cause the coloured lights to show red, yellow, and
green as appropriate, rather than the blue that a Met train will see and
which means the cab signalling is in charge.

--
Clive D.W. Feather

Old July 28th 20, 08:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:04:23 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
wrote:

AFAIK the shared sections will retain lineside signalling (similar
arrangement to the Central line with an additional aspect for ATO trains,
though in this case I believe it will be blue rather than white); but the
resignalling of Harrow and north thereof is currently on hold.

I would expect trainstops to be retained, or possibly TPWS to be fitted
instead.

Speak to TC. Big changes are afoot and lots has now been abandoned!
Old July 28th 20, 09:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

AFAIK the shared sections will retain lineside signalling (similar
arrangement to the Central line with an additional aspect for ATO trains,
though in this case I believe it will be blue rather than white); but the
resignalling of Harrow and north thereof is currently on hold.

I would expect trainstops to be retained, or possibly TPWS to be fitted
instead.

Speak to TC. Big changes are afoot and lots has now been abandoned!

Isn’t he that Cat who lives in a trash can ?

GH