Old January 24th 21, 07:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Model Railway Club logo

The Model Railway Club, based close to Kings Cross Station, has a great
logo. I'm wondering if it is an original creation or if it references
some older railway logo of which I'm unaware.

https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
1980 - Hard Objects - Art Objects

Old January 25th 21, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/01/2021 20:44, Basil Jet wrote:

The Model Railway Club, based close to Kings Cross Station, has a great
logo. I'm wondering if it is an original creation or if it references
some older railway logo of which I'm unaware.

https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

It is a striking rendering of the "Winged Messenger" (Hermes / Mercury)
- suggesting speedy delivery. Used by transport and transport fuel
businesses.

As for a direct railway example,

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forum...ic=35081&st=45

PA
Old January 26th 21, 02:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:37:24PM +0000, Peter Able wrote:
On 24/01/2021 20:44, Basil Jet wrote:
https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

It is a striking rendering of the "Winged Messenger" (Hermes / Mercury)
- suggesting speedy delivery. Used by transport and transport fuel
businesses.

As for a direct railway example,

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forum...ic=35081&st=45

That one makes me immediately think of Icarus, which is most certainly
*not* what the LMS had in mind!

Hermes is usually shown with winged sandals or hat.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups
Old January 26th 21, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26/01/2021 15:24, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:37:24PM +0000, Peter Able wrote:
On 24/01/2021 20:44, Basil Jet wrote:
https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

It is a striking rendering of the "Winged Messenger" (Hermes / Mercury)
- suggesting speedy delivery. Used by transport and transport fuel
businesses.

As for a direct railway example,

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forum...ic=35081&st=45

That one makes me immediately think of Icarus, which is most certainly
*not* what the LMS had in mind!

Hermes is usually shown with winged sandals or hat.

Indeed - but I couldn't find anything nearer to do with railways.

Yet, I'm sure that that deco style railway club loco was used in the 30s
- maybe. National Benzole?

PA

Old January 26th 21, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26/01/2021 17:05, Peter Able wrote:
On 26/01/2021 15:24, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:37:24PM +0000, Peter Able wrote:
On 24/01/2021 20:44, Basil Jet wrote:
https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

It is a striking rendering of the "Winged Messenger" (Hermes / Mercury)
- suggesting speedy delivery. Used by transport and transport fuel
businesses.

As for a direct railway example,

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forum...ic=35081&st=45

That one makes me immediately think of Icarus, which is most certainly
*not* what the LMS had in mind!

Hermes is usually shown with winged sandals or hat.

Indeed - but I couldn't find anything nearer to do with railways.

Yet, I'm sure that that deco style railway club loco was used in the 30s
- maybe.Â* National Benzole?

Well spotted, the head anyway.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/142403-national-benzole-14t-tank-wagons-all-wrong/

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old January 26th 21, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26/01/2021 17:15, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 26/01/2021 17:05, Peter Able wrote:
On 26/01/2021 15:24, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:37:24PM +0000, Peter Able wrote:
On 24/01/2021 20:44, Basil Jet wrote:
https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

It is a striking rendering of the "Winged Messenger" (Hermes / Mercury)
- suggesting speedy delivery. Used by transport and transport fuel
businesses.

As for a direct railway example,

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forum...ic=35081&st=45

That one makes me immediately think of Icarus, which is most certainly
*not* what the LMS had in mind!

Hermes is usually shown with winged sandals or hat.

Indeed - but I couldn't find anything nearer to do with railways.

Yet, I'm sure that that deco style railway club loco was used in the
30s - maybe.Â* National Benzole?

Well spotted, the head anyway.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/142403-national-benzole-14t-tank-wagons-all-wrong/

Oh, more than the head. See:

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/National_Benzole_Co

But I'm sure that I've seen a blend of the art deco-ised winged helmet
and the rest as a waiter image for a swanky 30s restaurant. Serving an
impossibly long-legged blonde.

Serving up a steam locomotive is original, though !

PA

Old January 26th 21, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26/01/2021 18:00, Peter Able wrote:
[...]

and the rest as a waiter image for a swanky 30s restaurant.Â* Serving an
impossibly long-legged blonde.

That rings a bell!

Old BR logo on London Underground Neill London Transport 43 January 2nd 08 06:31 PM
First Buses Old Logo's News_Demon London Transport 1 June 3rd 07 10:09 AM
Southern Logo Mojo London Transport 0 May 3rd 07 10:19 AM
Want a serious muslim match?Join our club and start searching now!!! [email protected] London Transport 0 April 14th 06 08:01 AM
Marylebone Railway Club Matthew P Jones London Transport 1 February 5th 06 04:46 PM