London Banter

-   -   New piccadilly line trains (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17843-new-piccadilly-line-trains.html)

Arthur Figgis March 6th 21 12:07 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 22:46, Recliner wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 21:12, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with
the social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

Piers rather than Jeremy.

Yikes! Perhaps he reckons that Londoners enjoy having ageing lefty mayors?

But maybe Neil Robertson will vote for him, based on Piers' 'Covid is a
hoax' manifesto?

I've never really understood the "other" but not explicitly comedy
candidates for Mayor, especially the ones who don't do any/much campaigning.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

tim...[_2_] March 6th 21 08:11 AM

New piccadilly line trains

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,

Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of the
Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting communist
who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've seen anything
actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with the social media
adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

I've not seen anything about any of the candidates

admittedly I get my news from BBCN which means that I don't get the local
variant

Graeme Wall March 6th 21 08:35 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 22:16, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 21:12, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with
the social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP
candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

Piers rather than Jeremy.

Not sure which is worse.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Graeme Wall March 6th 21 08:37 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 21:12, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with
the social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP
candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

Piers rather than Jeremy.

Yikes!Â* Perhaps he reckons that Londoners enjoy having ageing lefty
mayors?

But maybe Neil Robertson will vote for him, based on Piers' 'Covid is a
hoax' manifesto?

I've never really understood the "other" but not explicitly comedy
candidates for Mayor, especially the ones who don't do any/much
campaigning.

Egotism, they get their picture in the local papers and at least get a
mention on the BBC/ITV/Sky news.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

[email protected] March 6th 21 09:35 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 16:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

That's what LU wants to do, with only short gaps between orders, so the
Goole factory can stay in continuous production, and perhaps even move on
to a new Jubilee line fleet. But there's only the budget for the first
phase of the Piccadilly order, not even the second phase (the extra trains
to take advantage of the higher frequencies possible with the planned, but
currently unfunded, new signalling system).

TfL doesn't have the funding for anything beyond that, and the DfT and
Treasury are not being generous to Labour mayors. If, by some amazing
chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May, the funding might be more likely to
be available.

I suspect the bakerloo extension is dead in the water for another generation
too.

[email protected] March 6th 21 09:36 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:00:04 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

Recliner[_4_] March 6th 21 09:54 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No, sorry, I was wrong about that latest one — it wasn't broken, just slow
to update. I think the NewsTap developer is now aware of the problem (he
wasn't previously, as he himself doesn't subscribe to any groups you post
in), but he's not released a fix yet.

[email protected] March 6th 21 10:24 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv

iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No, sorry, I was wrong about that latest one — it wasn't broken, just slow
to update. I think the NewsTap developer is now aware of the problem (he
wasn't previously, as he himself doesn't subscribe to any groups you post
in), but he's not released a fix yet.

I'd be interested in knowing what the issue turns out to be in case something
I wrote isn't quite to spec.

Recliner[_4_] March 6th 21 01:33 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Are there are Tory marginal seats along the route? Or any donors to Robert Jenrick?

[email protected] March 6th 21 02:43 PM

New piccadilly line trains

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 14:33:35 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:35:09 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
TfL doesn't have the funding for anything beyond that, and the DfT and
Treasury are not being generous to Labour mayors. If, by some amazing
chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May, the funding might be more likely to
be available.

I suspect the bakerloo extension is dead in the water for another generation
too.

Are there are Tory marginal seats along the route? Or any donors to Robert
Jenrick?

Perhaps if someone told him they might hit upon a coal seam while doing
the tunnelling...

What a shame all that money is being wasted on HS2 instead of projects like
this, northern rail upgrades and other things that are desperately needed
such as a tram/metro system in Leeds for example.