Old March 9th 21, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New piccadilly line trains

wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:54:51 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old March 9th 21, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I'd have guessed that the first instance was before December, but I didn't
keep a note.
Old March 9th 21, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS
versions? I think it started during IOS 13, but don't recall it first
happening with any particular iOS version.

Not sure if you use it on an iPhone or iPad. I'm currently on iPadOS 14.4.
Old March 9th 21, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 16:15:49 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for

over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

Old March 9th 21, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for

over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

He thinks the bug is in Apple's code.

Old March 9th 21, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS
versions? I think it started during IOS 13, but don't recall it first
happening with any particular iOS version.

Not sure if you use it on an iPhone or iPad. I'm currently on iPadOS 14.4.

iPhone, currently on 14.4. It occurred both before and after iOS updates.
Though never before I upgraded from iPhone 8 to 12, though I don't think
that's related.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old March 9th 21, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for

over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

It's difficult to establish which particular post is causing it, because it
happens during a download of multiple posts. I wonder whether it only
happens when certain posts are the first in the download?

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old March 9th 21, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for
over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies

elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now.

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

He thinks the bug is in Apple's code.

I very much doubt that tbh. More like apple have tightened some things up and
an assumption he made no longer holds true or he forgot to initialise something
and now he can't get away with it.

Old March 9th 21, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
[...]

He thinks it happens with deeply nested threads. Of course, when it
happens, all threads get zapped.

Old March 10th 21, 01:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
[...]

FWIW after it happened a few weeks ago I stopped the deleting of old
articles and read articles,
the sliders are not under settings but appear on the menu when you press
the connect button.
Everything then seemed to run normal for awhile till downloading then
slowed and almost ground to a halt after a couple of weeks maybe due to a
storage memory issue.
So I set them to delete again last weekend and shortly after whoosh the
problem occurred again so once again I have set the option for no deletion
and articles are building up again.
When it slows eventually I will see start to delete things using the waste
bin menu and see if that works well enough.

Its not the only strange problem I have had with news tap ,last year when
reading or it may have been replying to one of the regulars the thing
closed down entirely . Cannot recall who it was now but I had to wait till
someone else replied and then reply on to that.
That fault hasn’t occurred for a few months now.

GH