London Banter

-   -   New piccadilly line trains (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17843-new-piccadilly-line-trains.html)

[email protected] March 5th 21 01:32 PM

New piccadilly line trains

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ne-trains-unve
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

Recliner[_4_] March 5th 21 03:56 PM

New piccadilly line trains

wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ne-trains-unve
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

That's what LU wants to do, with only short gaps between orders, so the
Goole factory can stay in continuous production, and perhaps even move on
to a new Jubilee line fleet. But there's only the budget for the first
phase of the Piccadilly order, not even the second phase (the extra trains
to take advantage of the higher frequencies possible with the planned, but
currently unfunded, new signalling system).

TfL doesn't have the funding for anything beyond that, and the DfT and
Treasury are not being generous to Labour mayors. If, by some amazing
chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May, the funding might be more likely to
be available.

Recliner[_4_] March 5th 21 04:00 PM

New piccadilly line trains

wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ne-trains-unve
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

tim...[_2_] March 5th 21 05:01 PM

New piccadilly line trains

"Recliner" wrote in message
[...]

I've just received a leaflet through my door saying that he *is* the next
mayor of London

have I been asleep for 5 years

Arthur Figgis March 5th 21 05:41 PM

New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,

Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with the
social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Recliner[_4_] March 5th 21 07:25 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,

Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with the
social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

Oh, I agree, Khan is the almost certain winner in May. But Johnson's
government will do all it can to undermine him in the next two months.
There might well be hints of better government funding for TfL if 'London
had a less wasteful mayor'.

Graeme Wall March 5th 21 08:12 PM

New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,

Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with the
social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Recliner[_4_] March 5th 21 09:46 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 21:12, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with
the social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

Piers rather than Jeremy.

Yikes! Perhaps he reckons that Londoners enjoy having ageing lefty mayors?

But maybe Neil Robertson will vote for him, based on Piers' 'Covid is a
hoax' manifesto?

Recliner[_4_] March 5th 21 09:46 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 20:25, Recliner wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with the
social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

Oh, I agree, Khan is the almost certain winner in May. But Johnson's
government will do all it can to undermine him in the next two months.
There might well be hints of better government funding for TfL if 'London
had a less wasteful mayor'.

I just wonder if there could be a brexit referendum situation. Or the
Hull council elections ages ago, when yet another Labour win was such a
foregone conclusion that no-one could be bothered to vote, except a
handful of LibDems - who then found themselves in a "dog that has
actually caught the car" position.

The "Khan to charge you £££££ to drive across the Greater London
boundary" spin seems to have got some traction on local Facebook,
mitigated by the people sharing it not knowing[1] where Greater London
actually is.

Most of the people who'd have to pay that charge don't get to vote for the
mayor, which is probably why Khan proposed it.

[1] As a general concept, rather than a usenet-style "here is a map of
coal tax posts in Middlesex which proves that those little bits of Kent
north of the Thames are actually in Cambridgeshire on alternate Thursdays".

Arthur Figgis March 6th 21 12:05 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 22:46, Recliner wrote:

Most of the people who'd have to pay that charge don't get to vote for the
mayor, which is probably why Khan proposed it.

I was amazed at how many people didn't seem to know this. Along with how
many people I've seen claim not to know what borough they are in (FTAOD:
they were not militant historic county fans).

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Arthur Figgis March 6th 21 12:07 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Arthur Figgis wrote:
[...]

I've never really understood the "other" but not explicitly comedy
candidates for Mayor, especially the ones who don't do any/much campaigning.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

tim...[_2_] March 6th 21 08:11 AM

New piccadilly line trains

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,

Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of the
Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting communist
who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've seen anything
actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with the social media
adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP candidate.

I've not seen anything about any of the candidates

admittedly I get my news from BBCN which means that I don't get the local
variant

Graeme Wall March 6th 21 08:35 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 22:16, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 21:12, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with
the social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP
candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

Piers rather than Jeremy.

Not sure which is worse.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Graeme Wall March 6th 21 08:37 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 21:12, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 05/03/2021 18:41, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt while committing unnatural acts with one of
the Queen's corgis on top of the Cenotaph?

I'm aware there are people who think Khan is an ISIS-supporting
communist who is being paid by Big Cycle Path, but I don't think I've
seen anything actually pro-Bailey. And even less pro that bloke with
the social media adverts who looks like a conman from an old sitcom.

And I've only just seen the nominative determinism of the UKIP
candidate.

I see someone is promoting Corbyn for mayor?

Piers rather than Jeremy.

Yikes!Â* Perhaps he reckons that Londoners enjoy having ageing lefty
mayors?

But maybe Neil Robertson will vote for him, based on Piers' 'Covid is a
hoax' manifesto?

I've never really understood the "other" but not explicitly comedy
candidates for Mayor, especially the ones who don't do any/much
campaigning.

Egotism, they get their picture in the local papers and at least get a
mention on the BBC/ITV/Sky news.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

[email protected] March 6th 21 09:35 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 16:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
[...]

I suspect the bakerloo extension is dead in the water for another generation
too.

[email protected] March 6th 21 09:36 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:00:04 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

Recliner[_4_] March 6th 21 09:54 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No, sorry, I was wrong about that latest one — it wasn't broken, just slow
to update. I think the NewsTap developer is now aware of the problem (he
wasn't previously, as he himself doesn't subscribe to any groups you post
in), but he's not released a fix yet.

[email protected] March 6th 21 10:24 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv

iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No, sorry, I was wrong about that latest one — it wasn't broken, just slow
to update. I think the NewsTap developer is now aware of the problem (he
wasn't previously, as he himself doesn't subscribe to any groups you post
in), but he's not released a fix yet.

I'd be interested in knowing what the issue turns out to be in case something
I wrote isn't quite to spec.

Recliner[_4_] March 6th 21 01:33 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Are there are Tory marginal seats along the route? Or any donors to Robert Jenrick?

[email protected] March 6th 21 02:43 PM

New piccadilly line trains

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 14:33:35 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:35:09 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
TfL doesn't have the funding for anything beyond that, and the DfT and
Treasury are not being generous to Labour mayors. If, by some amazing
chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May, the funding might be more likely to
be available.

I suspect the bakerloo extension is dead in the water for another generation
too.

Are there are Tory marginal seats along the route? Or any donors to Robert
Jenrick?

Perhaps if someone told him they might hit upon a coal seam while doing
the tunnelling...

What a shame all that money is being wasted on HS2 instead of projects like
this, northern rail upgrades and other things that are desperately needed
such as a tram/metro system in Leeds for example.

tim...[_2_] March 6th 21 03:06 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

seems unlikely

SE London is a sea of Red until you get to Bromley

Recliner[_4_] March 6th 21 03:20 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

And the Bromley Tories don't want it:
https://853.london/2020/02/26/we-still-dont-want-bakerloo-line-extension-to-hayes-bromley-council-leader-insists/

Anna Noyd-Dryver March 8th 21 11:42 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ne-trains-unve
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Though curiously only in uk.railway, not in u.t.l (for me, at least).

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Anna Noyd-Dryver March 8th 21 11:42 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No updates to NewsTap for over a year. The problem affects users of
different news servers, not just aioe.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Recliner[_4_] March 8th 21 12:20 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No updates to NewsTap for over a year. The problem affects users of
different news servers, not just aioe.

Neil posts through aioe, so, in a sense, we're all being exposed to that server when we download his posts. I don't know
if anyone else here posts through that server?

tim...[_2_] March 8th 21 12:34 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I do when ES is misbehaving itself

Not done so for over a year though

[email protected] March 8th 21 04:11 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv

iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No updates to NewsTap for over a year. The problem affects users of
different news servers, not just aioe.

Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

Recliner[_4_] March 8th 21 04:51 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

No, it started happening some months ago. Perhaps four? It doesn't happen
every time you post — it can go weeks without problems. So it's not that
your posts are guaranteed to break it, but they seem to be part of some
unusual combination of events that do. Those other unknown events may be
nothing to do with you.

Anna Noyd-Dryver March 8th 21 07:54 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any
suggestions btw!); it's a problem which happens intermittently, at
unpredictable intervals (and hadn't happened before that, in my whole time
of using NewsTap).

Anna Noyd-Dryver

[email protected] March 9th 21 07:24 AM

New piccadilly line trains

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:54:51 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

Anna Noyd-Dryver March 9th 21 01:17 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Recliner[_4_] March 9th 21 02:34 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I'd have guessed that the first instance was before December, but I didn't
keep a note.

Recliner[_4_] March 9th 21 03:15 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS
versions? I think it started during IOS 13, but don't recall it first
happening with any particular iOS version.

Not sure if you use it on an iPhone or iPad. I'm currently on iPadOS 14.4.

[email protected] March 9th 21 04:02 PM

New piccadilly line trains

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 16:15:49 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for

over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

Recliner[_4_] March 9th 21 04:08 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for

over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

He thinks the bug is in Apple's code.

Anna Noyd-Dryver March 9th 21 04:16 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS
versions? I think it started during IOS 13, but don't recall it first
happening with any particular iOS version.

Not sure if you use it on an iPhone or iPad. I'm currently on iPadOS 14.4.

iPhone, currently on 14.4. It occurred both before and after iOS updates.
Though never before I upgraded from iPhone 8 to 12, though I don't think
that's related.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Anna Noyd-Dryver March 9th 21 04:16 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for

over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

It's difficult to establish which particular post is causing it, because it
happens during a download of multiple posts. I wonder whether it only
happens when certain posts are the first in the download?

Anna Noyd-Dryver

[email protected] March 9th 21 04:20 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for
over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies

elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.

No, it definitely wasn't that long ago.

I just checked some screenshots and I think the first time it happened was
29th Dec, so actually only just over two months ago.

The most recent time was.... just now. :(

I've not seen it in the last few days (yet?).

Another theory (from the developer): could it be connected with iOS

Since I presume he's been given example posts he should be beyond the theory
stage and be actively debugging it by now.

He thinks the bug is in Apple's code.

I very much doubt that tbh. More like apple have tightened some things up and
an assumption he made no longer holds true or he forgot to initialise something
and now he can't get away with it.

Recliner[_4_] March 9th 21 08:50 PM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
[...]

He thinks it happens with deeply nested threads. Of course, when it
happens, all threads get zapped.

Marland March 10th 21 12:06 AM

New piccadilly line trains

Recliner wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
[...]

FWIW after it happened a few weeks ago I stopped the deleting of old
articles and read articles,
the sliders are not under settings but appear on the menu when you press
the connect button.
Everything then seemed to run normal for awhile till downloading then
slowed and almost ground to a halt after a couple of weeks maybe due to a
storage memory issue.
So I set them to delete again last weekend and shortly after whoosh the
problem occurred again so once again I have set the option for no deletion
and articles are building up again.
When it slows eventually I will see start to delete things using the waste
bin menu and see if that works well enough.

Its not the only strange problem I have had with news tap ,last year when
reading or it may have been replying to one of the regulars the thing
closed down entirely . Cannot recall who it was now but I had to wait till
someone else replied and then reply on to that.
That fault hasn’t occurred for a few months now.

GH