London Banter

-   -   Gasworks Tunnel (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17844-gasworks-tunnel.html)

Recliner[_4_] March 6th 21 10:22 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Marland March 6th 21 10:35 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

GH

Sam Wilson[_2_] March 7th 21 12:39 AM

Gasworks Tunnel

Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as
Spit the dummy to reply

Marland March 7th 21 11:02 AM

Gasworks Tunnel

Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

So was Henry when the Fat Controller eventually let him out.

For those who are mystified.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry

GH

Sam Wilson[_2_] March 7th 21 07:23 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

So was Henry when the Fat Controller eventually let him out.

Yes, appropriately so!

For those who are mystified.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry

We used to have an EP with Johnny Morris reading that.

Sam

[email protected] March 7th 21 08:11 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

On 07/03/2021 19:23, Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

So was Henry when the Fat Controller eventually let him out.

Yes, appropriately so!

For those who are mystified.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry

We used to have an EP with Johnny Morris reading that.

Sam

And here it is:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmd8kmeEx44

GB[_2_] March 7th 21 08:31 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

So was Henry when the Fat Controller eventually let him out.

Yes, appropriately so!

For those who are mystified.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry

We used to have an EP with Johnny Morris reading that.

Sam

And here it is:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmd8kmeEx44

The Fat Director became the Fat Controller when the trains were
nationalised.

Marland March 7th 21 08:50 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

So was Henry when the Fat Controller eventually let him out.

Yes, appropriately so!

For those who are mystified.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry

We used to have an EP with Johnny Morris reading that.

Sam

I had it as well unless there were more than one with the stories on it,
one of them has a reasonable recording of a steam train going fast .
Mother got quite fed up one afternoon when I borrowed her Garrard record
player and attempted with various measures of success to synchronise that
section of the recording with my Tri-ang Princess Royal and coaches on
there never ending journey around a track on 6’x4’ board which represented

wherever I wanted it to be.

GH

Sam Wilson[_2_] March 7th 21 10:33 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Look what was seen coming out of the disused Gasworks Tunnel:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev0VIp7XMAcZiim?format=jpg&name=large

Henry the Green Engine has had a make over.

Looking a bit grubby!

Sam

So was Henry when the Fat Controller eventually let him out.

Yes, appropriately so!

For those who are mystified.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sad_Story_of_Henry

We used to have an EP with Johnny Morris reading that.

Sam

And here it is:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmd8kmeEx44

Wow! Brings back memories of the little red Dansette! Thank you.

Sam

Sam Wilson[_2_] March 7th 21 10:33 PM

Gasworks Tunnel

Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Sam Wilson wrote:
Marland wrote:
Recliner wrote:
[...]

And Morris got the rhythms right which, ironically, the Beatles’s drummer
never did!

Sam