Old June 25th 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stumped - how can I re-charge my pre-pay oyster?

I have a pre-pay oyster-card, purchased and registered on-line.

I do not have a convenient Tube station near me, I don't use the Tube or
trains - the only use is for occasional bus journeys.

It seems there is no mechanism to top-up my card, without considerable
inconvenience.

Is there any plan to change the top-up mechanism?

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.

Old June 25th 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I have a pre-pay oyster-card, purchased and registered on-line.

I do not have a convenient Tube station near me, I don't use the Tube or
trains - the only use is for occasional bus journeys.

It seems there is no mechanism to top-up my card, without considerable
inconvenience.

You should be able to get your Pre-Pay topped up at a "Ticket Stop" (i.e.
your local newsagent that sells bus and tube tickets) if you come across one
of the 2,300 or so equipped for Oystercard. Would that help?

G.

Old June 25th 04, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Graham J
writes:

I have a pre-pay oyster-card, purchased and registered on-line.

I do not have a convenient Tube station near me, I don't use the Tube or
trains - the only use is for occasional bus journeys.

It seems there is no mechanism to top-up my card, without considerable
inconvenience.

You should be able to get your Pre-Pay topped up at a "Ticket Stop" (i.e.
your local newsagent that sells bus and tube tickets) if you come across one
of the 2,300 or so equipped for Oystercard. Would that help?

Yes it does! I managed to find a page that allowed me to find my
nearest 'Ticket Stop':

http://www.tfl-ticketlocator.co.uk/postcode-search.asp

Thanks.

Old June 25th 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 at 12:10:29, Jim Crowther
wrote:

I have a pre-pay oyster-card, purchased and registered on-line.

I do not have a convenient Tube station near me, I don't use the Tube or
trains - the only use is for occasional bus journeys.

It seems there is no mechanism to top-up my card, without considerable
inconvenience.

Is there any plan to change the top-up mechanism?

Can't you top it up at your local Ticketstop? These days, they
advertise the nearest ones on bus stops.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old June 29th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:10:29 +0100, Jim Crowther
wrote:

I have a pre-pay oyster-card, purchased and registered on-line.

I do not have a convenient Tube station near me, I don't use the Tube or
trains - the only use is for occasional bus journeys.

It seems there is no mechanism to top-up my card, without considerable
inconvenience.

Is there any plan to change the top-up mechanism?

Seeing as you registered on-line, use http://sales.oystercard.com/
and top-up there.

Use http://www.tfl-ticketlocator.co.uk/ to find a "Ticket Stop" -
there are over 2,200 Ticket Stop Agents where you can also top-up.

Cheers,

Jason.

Old June 29th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Seeing as you registered on-line, use http://sales.oystercard.com/
and top-up there.

That wouldn't help as the top-up is loaded onto the card when you use the
gates or validators at a nominated tube station and the OP doesn't use the
tube. So the Ticket Stop is the only useful solution.

I have a similar problem in that although I do use the tube I don't use my
Oystercard with it so I would not be able to collect Pre-Pay or period
tickets bought online. I can't touch in without being charged for a journey
I am not making. I do have the option of using the ticket machines though.

Old June 30th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:51:34 +0100, "Graham J"
wrote:

Seeing as you registered on-line, use http://sales.oystercard.com/
and top-up there.

That wouldn't help as the top-up is loaded onto the card when you use the
gates or validators at a nominated tube station and the OP doesn't use the
tube. So the Ticket Stop is the only useful solution.

Ah yes - that fact had momentarily slipped my mind!

Cheers,

Jason.