Old July 12th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Default Changing railstation names

Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC ground, it
occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant rail stations. I
humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?
--
Al

Old July 12th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article , Al
writes
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC ground, it
occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant rail stations. I
humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?

How about just 'Arse'???
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this
Old July 12th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Al wrote:
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC
ground, it occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant
rail stations. I humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?

What's wrong with Arsenal reverting to its original name, "Gillespie Road"?

Old July 12th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Al" wrote in message
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC ground,

it
occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant rail stations. I
humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?
--
Al

They should drop the "railway station" bit.... it's a bit misleading,
people might thing they can catch a trian there

Old July 12th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

M J Forbes wrote:

"Al" wrote in message
If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?

Perhaps to any supporters of the most whinging football club in history
(who aren't from Islington anyway), then perhaps your idea may be of
interest.

You are right that Tottenham Hotspur is both the most whinging football club
in history (as well as the sicknotiest) and that they are not from
Islington at all. But I can only imagine you believe they'd be interested
in my idea is because -- let's face it -- vicarious interest in successes
at Arsenal is the nearest they can get.
--
Al

Old July 12th 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Al wrote:
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC
ground, it occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant
rail stations. I humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?

What's wrong with Arsenal reverting to its original name, "Gillespie
Road"?

Too many syllables for visiting Spurs fans.
--
Al
Old July 12th 04, 08:43 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Al" wrote in message
If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?

Perhaps to any supporters of the most whinging football club in history (who
aren't from Islington anyway), then perhaps your idea may be of interest.
To the rest of the civilised universe, that can handle borough names with
more than 2 syllables, I think the answer is a resounding "no".

Old July 12th 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Nigel wrote:
"Al" wrote in message
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC
ground, it occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant
rail stations. I humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?
--
Al

They should drop the "railway station" bit.... it's a bit misleading,
people might thing they can catch a trian there

What else does one catch apart from a train (excluding anything unpleasent
such as diseases etc)?

Old July 12th 04, 09:04 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Al wrote:
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC ground, it
occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant rail stations. I
humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"

The most easterly of the three stations. And it's not on Plimsoll Road.

"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

being the most westerly of the three stations.

Is it your intention that no one finds the new stadium?
Old July 12th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Al" wrote in message
Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

What's wrong with Arsenal reverting to its
original name, "Gillespie Road"?

Too many syllables for visiting Spurs fans.

But it's only 6 letters in Hebrew.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped