Old August 4th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fast train out of London (north)

Ian Bailey wrote:

Can't you find another job outside London? It took me 6 months, so I
can understand why people go to London (as the move there in 1999 got
me a job in 4 days!). What I used to find amusing was that everyone in
the office who wasn't from London has the aim of leaving London within
5 years - and we all achieved it! Not good for the company I worked
for though....

I'm beginning to think that the jobs simply aren't in London anymore - they
must be elsewhere. When I came to London ten years ago, I was able to get
any old temp design job for a few days/weeks and a few days later I'd be in
another one. Ultimately I ended up being a magazine art editor (Mayfair
Magazine as it happens).

I left that to go into web design and development since the end of 1999 and
since then I've had virtually nothing. Still can't find a job even today.
Even the little bitty temp design jobs I survived on when I first arrived
simply aren't there anymore. The whole of London seems to have become
Slough, with nothing but anonymous paper-pushing office jobs, all of which
are taken anyway.

Wherever it's all happening, London seems not to be it, right now.

--
Ian Tindale