Old August 7th 04, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Disabled Badge Parking

David Wood wrote in message ...
In message , David Wood
writes
I was merely trying to point out that you need to check before using
residents' bays. The Blue Badge scheme doesn't grant Badge holders
blanket permission to use residents' bays with a Blue Badge.

One important clarification about Central London parking - which I knew
about, but wanted to find an explicit reference to before posting it.

ROYAL BOROUGH OF KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
Use of parking meters and on-street pay and display - same rules as non

Badge holders.

Not quite true see
Gives you an hour extra on pay and display like Westminster
1 hour and 2 minutes for 10 pence or whatever

http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/Environmental...nbluebadge.asp

In practice if you do get fined for staying more than one hour then
you must Appeal on the basis that the pay and display boxes do not
state the rules and the independant adjucicator has ruled thet if
rules are not clear then appeals are upheld
Westminster cancelled one when i was 10 minutes over the hour.

A rather amusing aside was that my wife parked in a car park and got
fined for displaying the wrong side of the badge.
I realised that the badge clearly states that the front must be
displayed BUT does not actually identify which side is the front.
Bang ticket cancelled as I threatened them with the adjuicator
I believe this may have been corrected now.

HTH Phil

Old August 7th 04, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Phil wrote:
A rather amusing aside was that my wife parked in a car park and got
fined for displaying the wrong side of the badge.
I realised that the badge clearly states that the front must be
displayed BUT does not actually identify which side is the front.
Bang ticket cancelled as I threatened them with the adjuicator
I believe this may have been corrected now.

On my Mum's badge (which was renewed in April this year) someone has
stamped on "This side up" (or a message like that) onto the side that
you are meant to show.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk