Old August 15th 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

Default Can anyone tell me How to get from Stansted Airport to Uxbridge?

Traveller wrote:
Could you please guide me from Stansted Airport to MASTER BREWER
HOTEL?

Address:

Freezeland way, Hillingdon
Uxbridge, Middx
UB10 9NX

I could travel by train or underground services or by bus

Unless there's a direct bus service, the simplest way if you are
travelling with baggage is probably:

Stansted Express train from the airport to Liverpool Street
(details at http://www.stanstedexpress.com )
Metropolitan Line (Underground) from Liverpool Street to Hillingdon.
The hotel is only about 150 metres from Hillingdon station.

Crossposted to uk.transport.london in case anyone there has a better
idea.
--
Richard J.

Old August 15th 04, 04:24 AM posted to uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

In message , at 00:27:29
on Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Richard J. remarked:
Stansted Express train from the airport to Liverpool Street
(details at http://www.stanstedexpress.com )
Metropolitan Line (Underground) from Liverpool Street to Hillingdon.
The hotel is only about 150 metres from Hillingdon station.

Depending on the day, and time of day, you may find it necessary to
change trains at Baker Street (catch any train on
Circle-Hammersmith&City line from Liverpool St to Baker St, then
Metropolitan line from Baker St). This involves crossing the line by
footbridge at Baker St.
Old August 19th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Traveller wrote:
Could you please guide me from Stansted Airport to MASTER BREWER
HOTEL?

Address:

Freezeland way, Hillingdon
Uxbridge, Middx
UB10 9NX

I could travel by train or underground services or by bus

Unless there's a direct bus service, the simplest way if you are
travelling with baggage is probably:

Stansted Express train from the airport to Liverpool Street
(details at http://www.stanstedexpress.com )
Metropolitan Line (Underground) from Liverpool Street to Hillingdon.
The hotel is only about 150 metres from Hillingdon station.

Crossposted to uk.transport.london in case anyone there has a better
idea.

My usual suggestion would be the coach from Stansted to Heathrow then
bus, e.g. A10 bus to Uxbridge Station and U2 bus to Hillingdon, but
given how close the hotel is to the station I doubt you'd gain much
beyond avoiding a few stairs.

Hth

Henry
Old August 20th 04, 07:28 AM posted to uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london

"Henry Nebrensky" wrote in message
om...
"Richard J." wrote in message

Traveller wrote:
Could you please guide me from Stansted Airport to MASTER BREWER
HOTEL?

Address:

Freezeland way, Hillingdon
Uxbridge, Middx
UB10 9NX

I could travel by train or underground services or by bus

Unless there's a direct bus service, the simplest way if you are
travelling with baggage is probably:

Stansted Express train from the airport to Liverpool Street
(details at http://www.stanstedexpress.com )
Metropolitan Line (Underground) from Liverpool Street to Hillingdon.
The hotel is only about 150 metres from Hillingdon station.

Crossposted to uk.transport.london in case anyone there has a better
idea.

Or express bus to Stratford, Jubilee to Finchley Road, cross platform change
to Metropolitan (Uxbridge train).