Old October 16th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ever had one of those weeks...?

Can you believe it? First Boltar and Nick H accused me of being too
strongly anti-car. Now the u.r.c lot are accusing me of being too
strongly pro-car! (*sigh*) Only on Usenet...

Old October 16th 04, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Solar Penguin wrote:
Can you believe it? First Boltar and Nick H accused me of being too
strongly anti-car. Now the u.r.c lot are accusing me of being too
strongly pro-car! (*sigh*) Only on Usenet...

That'll teach you for mentioning the c-word.

Are you trying to have a balanced opinion about cars then? I'm sure
that's forbidden somewhere :-)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old October 16th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--- Dave Arquati said:

Are you trying to have a balanced opinion about cars then? I'm
sure that's forbidden somewhere :-)

LOL!!! As long as I'm offending everybody equally, I must be getting
something right!

Old October 16th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Solar Penguin ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

LOL!!! As long as I'm offending everybody equally, I must be getting
something right!

Do you work for the BBC? Normally they're the only ones being accused of
bias by both sides simultaneously.
Old October 16th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
Do you work for the BBC? Normally they're the only ones being accused of
bias by both sides simultaneously.

But in the BBC's case it's justified!
--
Michael Hoffman

Old October 16th 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman )
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Do you work for the BBC? Normally they're the only ones being accused
of bias by both sides simultaneously.

But in the BBC's case it's justified!

They're biased against everybody? Isn't that "impartial"?
Old October 16th 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
[Michael Hoffman]
[someone deleted the attribution for this poster]
Do you work for the BBC? Normally they're the only ones being accused
of bias by both sides simultaneously.

But in the BBC's case it's justified!

They're biased against everybody? Isn't that "impartial"?

Well it would be, but we'll make an exception for the BBC. ;-)
--
Michael Hoffman
Old October 16th 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

Solar Penguin wrote:

Can you believe it? First Boltar and Nick H accused me of being too
strongly anti-car. Now the u.r.c lot are accusing me of being too
strongly pro-car! (*sigh*) Only on Usenet...

That'll teach you for mentioning the c-word.

Are you trying to have a balanced opinion about cars then? I'm sure
that's forbidden somewhere :-)

Indeed. In fact, on usenet, one should strive to be positively unbalanced.

tom

--
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson.

Old October 16th 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Solar Penguin wrote:

Can you believe it? First Boltar and Nick H accused me of being too
strongly anti-car. Now the u.r.c lot are accusing me of being too
strongly pro-car! (*sigh*) Only on Usenet...

That'll teach you for mentioning the c-word.

Are you trying to have a balanced opinion about cars then? I'm sure
that's forbidden somewhere :-)

Indeed. In fact, on usenet, one should strive to be positively
unbalanced.

Do you mean people on usenet aren't?

Old October 16th 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Do you work for the BBC? Normally they're the only ones being accused
of bias by both sides simultaneously.

But in the BBC's case it's justified!

They're biased against everybody? Isn't that "impartial"?

Well it would be, but we'll make an exception for the BBC. ;-)

Telegraph reader, are you?