Old November 1st 04, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2005 fares leaflet

A pdf of the 2005 fares changes is now at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...es-leaflet.pdf

Some notable changes not previously commented on are the abolition of
the Weekend Travelcard and the One Day LT card.

Photocards are no longer need with any oyster card.

Old November 2nd 04, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 1 Nov 2004:

Photocards are no longer need with any oyster card.

So what is to stop you lending yours to visiting Friend-from-the-sticks?
I know you may lend if it's pre-pay, the bumf says so, but surely
Travelcards will remain non-transferable?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old November 2nd 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2004-11-01 23:36:32 +0000, Matthew said:

A pdf of the 2005 fares changes is now at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...es-leaflet.pdf

Some notable changes not previously commented on are the abolition of
the Weekend Travelcard and the One Day LT card.
Photocards are no longer need with any oyster card.

Oh great! I see my daily fare will increase from £8.20 to £12 due to
the abolition of the LT card

Any suggestions for someone who needs to travel from zone 6 to 1 in on
the Underground and then zone 1 to Maralybone and back on the Chiltern
line to West Ruislip. This journey 4 days a week.

7 Day Travelcard = £39.50 = £9.88 a day
Daily Travelcard = £12 a day
Single = £3.80 x 2 = £7.60 a day(*)
Single (pre-pay) = £3.50 x 2 = £7 a day(*)
LT Card (now) = £8.20 per day.

(*) I usually get the Chiltern line from Maralybone to West Ruislip
home as I have a client at Maralybone. The LT card was accepted on this
line, but I assume an Underground Single won't be???

Old November 2nd 04, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robert Templeman" typed

Excuse my ignorance, but what has happened to the fares from zones A,B
and C?

Download the 'out of county 2005' leaflet and all is revealed, I think.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old November 2nd 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2004-11-01 23:36:32 +0000, Matthew said:

[...]

Actually LT cards are not accepted from Marylebone to West Ruislip, only
from Marylebone to Amersham and from South Ruislip to West Ruislip.

Peter Smyth

Old November 2nd 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2004-11-01 23:36:32 +0000, Matthew said:

[...]

Really? I've been using one for years and never been told its not valid
- including being checked loads of times by inspectors. Perhaps its all
so confusing now that even they don't know what is and isn't allowed!

I think my options are either to get a 7 day travelcard or to get a
Pre-pay single in, single to Marylebone (ok, never said I could spell -
but glad you knew where I was talking about!) and then a single to West
Ruislip. The first two I can use Oyster pre-pay, the latter I'll have
to buy card/cash each day I assume.

Thanks for the reply btw, but honestly I've been using LT cards on this
route for years...

Adam.

Old November 2nd 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2004-11-01 23:36:32 +0000, Matthew said:

[...]

Sorry to answer my own post - but page 23 or the current Fares guide
says LT cards are valid "West Ruislip/South Ruislip to Marylebone (but
not intermediate stations)".

Confused Adam.

Old November 2nd 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adam" wrote :

Sorry to answer my own post - but page 23 or the current Fares guide
says LT cards are valid "West Ruislip/South Ruislip to Marylebone (but
not intermediate stations)".

Err, no it doesn't. Read it again.

MetroGnome

Old November 2nd 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adam" wrote in message

[...]

Looking at this further it seems even TfL are not sure one way or the other.
According to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...lability.shtml you
can travel from Marylebone to West Ruislip using Oyster Prepay but not using
paper singles or LT cards.

Peter Smyth