Old November 5th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Watford to Brighton rail line to be axed

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
Here is the text of a postcard leaflet campaign being launched tomorrow
morning at Watford Junction:

big snip

Save our rail service
Watford - Brighton"

Comments?

My comment is that they obviously ignored the times when there are major
exhibitions on at Earls Court and Olympia when they did their passenger
surveys. When I have been to, for example, the Ideal Home exhibition at EC
the number of passengers from South of Clapham Junction was very high.

Losing the link will be a very retrograde step, and only the SRA could have
been so stupid.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm

Old November 6th 04, 12:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Terry Harper" wrote in message
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
Here is the text of a postcard leaflet campaign being launched tomorrow
morning at Watford Junction:

big snip
Save our rail service
Watford - Brighton"
Comments?

My comment is that they obviously ignored the times when there are major
exhibitions on at Earls Court and Olympia when they did their passenger
surveys. When I have been to, for example, the Ideal Home exhibition at EC
the number of passengers from South of Clapham Junction was very high.
Losing the link will be a very retrograde step, and only the SRA could

have
been so stupid.
--

I used this service on Thursday to go from Harrow & Wealdstone to West
Brompton for an exhibition at Earls Court. A lot of people got on the train