Old November 10th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 12 - bendy bus? Any more routes?

In article ,
(Tim Scott) wrote:

Gather 4 have already been made at Wigan.

I wonder if Putney is going to go WVL or MAL? Interesting if it went
bendy Putney is full as it is

Chelverton Road please! Has it got room for bendies? The access to and
from the High St would be fun for bendies.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old November 13th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I wonder if Putney is going to go WVL or MAL? Interesting if it went
bendy Putney is full as it is

Chelverton Road please! Has it got room for bendies? The access to and
from the High St would be fun for bendies.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Colin,

"Fun" is hardly the word!

Having recently bumped my head on the window of a "bendy"as it went over a
kerbstone making the left-hand turn into the terminal point at Waterloo Road, I
went to remonstrate (politely) with the driver that this was not an acceptable
standard of driving.

He agreed and apologised. We were then joined by the travelling tciket
inspector (or whatever they are called) who suggested that we (he, the driver
and myself) form an action group to ban these ridiculously inappropriate buses!

So, it would seem, that even some (or indeed many) staff are hardly fans of
these monstrosities whose only fans seem to be that twit Londoner's stupidly
elected as Mayor for the second time, and his acolyte Peter Bendy Hendy.

Marc.
Old November 13th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mait001" wrote in message

[...]

For what it's worth (not much, I know) I rather like the bendies. There are
some problems on some routes with bunching (73 and 25 seem to be the main
problems), but I think they're generally - when not running over kerbs at
least - a smoother and faster ride than other types of bus.

But then I always thought RMs looked good but were cramped and
uncomfortable, and would be perfectly happy never to travel on one again.

I realise I'm going against the grain here, but hey.

Jonn

Old November 14th 04, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonn Elledge wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 13 Nov 2004:

But then I always thought RMs looked good but were cramped and
uncomfortable, and would be perfectly happy never to travel on one again.

I realise I'm going against the grain here, but hey.

My main problems with the bendies is that they don't have an upper deck!
I do hate standing on a bus, and you so often can't get a seat on
single-decker buses. And then I end up not being able to see out of the
front window, and feeling rather car-sick. Which also applies if I sit
in the extension. I'd far, far rather haul myself up the stairs of a
double-decker for a journey of any length.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old November 14th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots typed

My main problems with the bendies is that they don't have an upper deck!
I do hate standing on a bus,

I am a liability standing...

and you so often can't get a seat on
single-decker buses.

True. I *hate* asking but have to do this sometimes.

And then I end up not being able to see out of the
front window,

I rather like to know where I am, which is really difficult in some
places on many buses.

and feeling rather car-sick. Which also applies if I sit
in the extension. I'd far, far rather haul myself up the stairs of a
double-decker for a journey of any length.

I'd rather haul myself upstairs than either go without a seat or have to
ask for one. Frankly, I'd rather do neither but the fit young things
occupying the 'Priority' seats don't seem to have a clue. Talking of
which, the 'Priority Seat' stickers seem to be disappearing, making it
even more difficult for me to ask for a seat. Does anyone know why? I'm
sure some are being picked off, but there's no trace of some where there
really ought to be.

I will only go upstairs for a long trip (it was my choice yesterday to
watch the sunset from Edgware to St John's Wood yesterday) but I had to
go upstairs for my return trip (Gloucester Place to Golders Green) to
get a seat.

I am reasonably safe on stairs but really, I should not be going up...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.