Old November 16th 04, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fool me once...

So my shiny oyster card has died, after about 2 months faithful use. I
complain at the ticket window, expecting them to type in the number on the
back, transfer the pre-pay value to a new card, and I'll be on my way.

Fat chance, instead I get a form that requires my name, address, inside leg
measuremeent, and security code (WTF is a security code?). I also need proof
of identity. While my photocard driving license isn't good enough (after all
it has a photo, address and date of birth), a bank statement is!

So I can either bother filling in this form on the hope I'll get my money
back at some point in the distant future, or write the £12 prepay and oyster
deposit off.

--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.