Old February 4th 05, 10:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Departing from Gatwick, returning from Heathrow

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hmmm... If I really wanted to save that 70p I could go to Earls Court
on the Picc, go back to West Brompton, leave the barriers with Oyster,
come back in with my GTW-CBG ticket, go back to Earls Court, and then
get back on the Piccadilly line again to KGX. That seems like quite a
bit of trouble for 70p.

Is that the best I can do or am I missing something?

If you've got a lot of time to waste you could always get the 726 bus to
East Croydon and use you rail ticket from then on. However it only runs
hourly and takes ages.

Peter Smyth

Old February 4th 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

I think what you're missing is that if that you're that concerned
about saving 70p or even a few pounds, you shouldn't really be
flying out to wherever you're going. How about a week in
Hunstanton instead?

I actually flew out for a funeral,

In that case, apologies for my inadvertently insensitive remark.
--
Richard J.
Old February 5th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:34:38 -0000, "Peter Smyth"
wrote:

If you've got a lot of time to waste you could always get the 726 bus to
East Croydon and use you rail ticket from then on. However it only runs
hourly and takes ages.

Don't. Spend the extra, and avoid the 726. It'll be the best 70p
you've spent.

The 726 seems good, until you are crawling through Kingston squashed
into a tiny seat behind two half-mad pensioners shouting "oo, this
looks like Kingston, Albert" "oo, I don't know Ethel, I think it looks
like Kingston" to each other. You have the choice of putting your bag
on you knee, then wondering why you've lost all feeling in your legs,
or putting it in the luggage rack, and wondering if it will still be
there past Sutton.

I get the train to Feltham these days...
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old February 5th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Is Kensington Olympia a permitted interchange point?

If it is, use your Oyster to there, walk back on with your NR ticket
(no barriers that I can recall) and make your way to Kings Cross.

Even if it's not you'd pretty certainly get away with it.

Not really any better than West Brompton though except for the lack of
barriers.

Old February 7th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Arthur Figgis" ] wrote in message

I get the train to Feltham these days...

TO Feltham??? Why on earth would anyone want to get a train TO Feltham???
Most people IN Feltham want to get OUT!!! ;-)

--
MatSav (Feltham resident - no, not at the Young Offenders Complex!)

Old February 7th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

MatSav wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 7 Feb 2005:

"Arthur Figgis" ] wrote in message
.. .

I get the train to Feltham these days...

TO Feltham??? Why on earth would anyone want to get a train TO Feltham???
Most people IN Feltham want to get OUT!!! ;-)

Oh, you don't *stop* there, you just change from train to bus, which
takes you to Heathrow, from where it's up, up and away....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old February 7th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:18:39 -0000, "MatSav"
wrote:

"Arthur Figgis" ] wrote in message
.. .

I get the train to Feltham these days...

TO Feltham??? Why on earth would anyone want to get a train TO Feltham???
Most people IN Feltham want to get OUT!!! ;-)

Because every few minutes there are buses to the airport, where there
are flights to places far more exciting than Feltham.

And someone was suggesting getting a /bus/ to Croydon...
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK