Old February 11th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Underground theme song

"d" wrote in message
k...
"Brimstone" wrote in message

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
In article ,
(Brimstone) wrote:

Don't forget it two to tango, people don't go on strike for the fun of
it. Whatever the reason published in the media, it's usually the
culmination of a series of events. BTW, it's not always the drivers who
are on or threatening strike, that's simply the slant that the idle
tabloid journalists put on it.

Is it the public's fault that the two parties involved in a strike are
involved in the strike?

Which has what to do with the topic under discussion exactly?

You mentioned it takes "two to tango", yet neither party is the public
(which it seemed you were attempting to partly blame for the action).
It's not our fault management and staff get annoyed, yet we suffer. And
to top it all off, when we complain, people pipe up with the "wah waah you
don't understand waah waah" lines. It's tiresome, and doesn't seem to end
the strikes.

If the tube staff really didn't want to strike, then they'd open the tube
to the public for free instead of striking. The public get their service,
the management takes a dive, and the public has a reason to be grateful
for this industrial action, instead of bitter (and late for work).

I'm saying, if the london underground wants people to stop being so angry
towards the staff, then the staff should start respecting the customers.
There's so much behaviour on public transport in London that ****es off
travellers, it's no wonder the public is growing more and more peeved with
the whole situation.

just sayin'

I heard.

Dunno about you but I've travelled most of the country and generally find
that if I want to find an unpleasent person then I've got to be unpleasent
first. Same applies on the underground.

Old February 11th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
d wrote:
If the tube staff really didn't want to strike, then they'd open the tube to
the public for free instead of striking. The public get their service, the
management takes a dive, and the public has a reason to be grateful for this
industrial action, instead of bitter (and late for work).

There are reasonably large chunks of LuL who can't open the tube
to the public for free, because they don't control the gates. An
example would be the drivers.

Now, one could argue that the Station Assistants should show
solidarity with their commrades on the train (or in the signal
cabin). Remind me - who made such seconday actions illegal?

--
Mike Bristow - really a very good driver

Old February 12th 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...

Jack Taylor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

"Every subway has a ****ing tramp" would
have been a better line than "platform", I admit.

Actually, I've never seen a tramp ****ing on either
subway or platform - they're usually fast asleep.

It sounds quite entertaining though -
they'd probably collect more than by busking.

Eeeeewwww Horrible mental image.

You're not a fan of "Hobo Humping Slobo Babe" then...

Blast from the last! I have the record in front of me here, but can't
for the life of me remember who it's by, so I couldn't actually locate it.

Anyway, just thank your lucky stars it wasn't Zobo-Humping Slobo Babe.
Old February 12th 05, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Newt" wrote in message

You're not a fan of "Hobo Humping Slobo Babe" then...

Blast from the last! I have the record in front of me here, but can't for
the life of me remember who it's by, so I couldn't actually locate it.

It was by 'Whale', 1995, on Hut records (HUT64).

Old February 12th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin wrote:
"Dave Newt" wrote in message

You're not a fan of "Hobo Humping Slobo Babe" then...

Blast from the last! I have the record in front of me here, but can't
for the life of me remember who it's by, so I couldn't actually locate
it.

It was by 'Whale', 1995, on Hut records (HUT64).

Ah yes I can see the silver sleeve of the double album winking at me
from here. Cheers!