Old February 15th 05, 02:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube stations closed on Sundays

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:08:12 +0000, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Incidentally, Shoreditch is only the 4th most lightly used station on
LU... outclassed by Grange Hill, Chigwell and Roding Valley.

^^^^^^^^^^^

No passengers as CLEARLY FICTIONAL.

That's right... No such place as Baker Street either...

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p10754884.html
(ex-GWR pannier tank 7760 on the turntable at Tyseley in 1987)

Old February 15th 05, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Incidentally, Shoreditch is only the 4th most lightly used station on
LU... outclassed by Grange Hill, Chigwell and Roding Valley.

^^^^^^^^^^^

No passengers as CLEARLY FICTIONAL.

Grange Hill is between Chigwell and Hainault on the Hainault loop of the
Central Line. http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/image...ps/cen_big.gif
refers.

HTH.

Old February 15th 05, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Chris Tolley
writes
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:08:12 +0000, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Incidentally, Shoreditch is only the 4th most lightly used station on
LU... outclassed by Grange Hill, Chigwell and Roding Valley.

^^^^^^^^^^^

No passengers as CLEARLY FICTIONAL.

That's right... No such place as Baker Street either...

Or Pimlico......

(What have we started?!)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old February 15th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:03:00 -0000, David Splett wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Did anyone register an objection to the closure of Shoreditch?
Did anyone really notice/care? :-)

Does anyone think that Shoreditch High Street is an adequate replacement for
Shoreditch? IMHO the two serve completely different catchments (Brick Lane
for Shoreditch, and Bishopsgate/east end of Old Street/Great Eastern Street
for Shoreditch High Street).

Exactly where is the new station going to be?
I along with hundreds of others use Shoreditch on a Sunday to get
to the markets, I go to Spitalfields which is only a few minutes walk
away and lots of others to Brick Lane, but I must admit that a station
in or very near Shoreditch High St would be very useful for me and it
is still easy enough to walk down to Spitalfields. Getting to Shoreditch
High St is rather more tedious from Shoreditch and the High St is a
handy place for getting buses.

--
Martin
Old February 15th 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Smith" wrote in message
k...

Exactly where is the new station going to be?

Martin

http://www.ellp.co.uk/station/shoreditch.htm

Within the site of Bishopsgate goods station - did you not hear of the long
running court battle about the viaduct?

Paul

Old February 15th 05, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:10:43 +0000 (UTC), Paul Scott
wrote:

"Martin Smith" wrote in message
k...

Exactly where is the new station going to be?

Martin

http://www.ellp.co.uk/station/shoreditch.htm

Within the site of Bishopsgate goods station - did you not hear of the long
running court battle about the viaduct?

Sorry, I had temporarily forgotten all of that, yes it looks like
the new station will be much more convenient than the existing, and
no less easy to get to the markets.
Normally to get to that area I get NR from New Cross Gate to London Bridge
and the get a bus to Shoreditch Church, but having used the ELL for
over 20 years I would prefer that route, using the present Shoreditch
the walk up to the church from the station is a bit tedious.
Paul

--
Martin