Old February 22nd 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stretched SUV

Paul Weaver ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

I had the joy of watching a stre-e-e-e-e-e-e-etched Hummer H2 dealing with
Hemel's magic roundabout yesterday morning. Hilarious.

Old February 23rd 05, 07:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Aidan Stanger wrote:
Nick Leverton wrote:

Which of those does Hebrew script fall under, out of interest ?

I think it falls under the group not used for numberplates (which
includes several Indian scripts), BICBW.

Aha, a cunning move on the reverse diagonal. Well done.

Nick (just learnt something new)
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself
Old February 26th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:03:07 +0000, John Rowland wrote:

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:48:57 +0000, Michael Hoffman wrote:

Paul Weaver wrote:

Did you see the stretched SUV with unreadble
number plates pass any police vehicles?

Plenty of speed cameras arround, and they're just as good

How exactly is a speed camera going to arrest someone for unreadable number
plates?

Same way that they arrest people for dangerous driving. You dont need
traffic police in this day and age, just a few cameras and a call centre
in Coventry.
--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old February 26th 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Did you see the stretched SUV with unreadble
number plates pass any police vehicles?

Plenty of speed cameras arround, and they're just as good

How exactly is a speed camera going to arrest someone for unreadable
number plates?

Same way that they arrest people for dangerous driving.

Exactly. They can't.

Old March 18th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

I saw what I thought was a stretch SUV parked on the King's Road one
evening sometime last year. A closer inspection revealed that it was
actually two, the front end of one connected by a wrap around shell, of
the same colour and painted to look like a stretch vehicle, to the rear
end of the other. I think it was a promotional stunt for either a
restaurant or club opening.

Bendy-SUV?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk