Old March 15th 05, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default For Boltar About The EOR.

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I for one would love to be able to ride on an old tube train on a
preserved line -

but but I thought you drove 73 stock on the Piccadilly Line? Isn't that
the same thing? ;-)

Well, if someone was to buy us some new ones, I would be happy to drive
them.

Old March 17th 05, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:15:17 +0000, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

Oh, that's modern stuff! A TEP, luxury! Real men drive A stock trains on
lines where the apprentices are still afraid ;-)

Errr, 73ts haven't had TEPs for many years now. Replaced 'em all with a
rather nasty bit of kit called a CDU...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old March 17th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

]
wrote:

Oh, that's modern stuff! A TEP, luxury! Real men drive A stock

trains on
lines where the apprentices are still afraid ;-)

Errr, 73ts haven't had TEPs for many years now. Replaced 'em all with

rather nasty bit of kit called a CDU...

What are TEPs and CDUs?

B2003

Old March 18th 05, 03:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default REPOST: For Boltar About The EOR.

On 17 Mar 2005 16:09:06 GMT, John Rowland wrote:

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...

I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.

Volks in Brighton.

That's already been mentioned, and argued about. However, there is teh
Crich tramway Museum which is electrified...

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12199121.html
(73 142 in large logo blue on an engineeer's train at Basingstoke, 1985)
Old March 18th 05, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...

I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.

Volks in Brighton.

That's already been mentioned, and argued about. However, there is teh
Crich tramway Museum which is electrified...

.... with overhead wires, not third rail And it isn't a preserved
line, it's in a former quarry. There are lots of museums with overhead
wires -tramway and trolleybus.

Paul

Old March 18th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes
Oh, that's modern stuff! A TEP, luxury! Real men drive A stock trains on
lines where the apprentices are still afraid ;-)

Errr, 73ts haven't had TEPs for many years now. Replaced 'em all with a
rather nasty bit of kit called a CDU...
--

Sorry about my ignorance but what is a "Real Man" and what's so
different to driving A60 stock to driving 38 or 62 stock with the flag
Old March 18th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Christine." wrote in message
In message , Steve
Dulieu writes
Oh, that's modern stuff! A TEP, luxury! Real men drive A stock trains

on
lines where the apprentices are still afraid ;-)

Errr, 73ts haven't had TEPs for many years now. Replaced 'em all with a
rather nasty bit of kit called a CDU...
--

Sorry about my ignorance but what is a "Real Man" and what's so
different to driving A60 stock to driving 38 or 62 stock with the flag
up? You can also help my education by telling me what a TEP and a CDU
is? Thank you.

TEP = Train Equipment Panel
CDU = Cab Display Unit

Both perform essentially the same task, allow the driver to switch off
various bits of train equipment, but the TEP gave a much greater degree of
control. It had a button to cut out the rheo for one thing.

Old March 18th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve Dulieu
writes

TEP = Train Equipment Panel
CDU = Cab Display Unit

Both perform essentially the same task, allow the driver to switch off
various bits of train equipment, but the TEP gave a much greater degree of
control. It had a button to cut out the rheo for one thing.

They still do, if you know where to find it, although it's not on the
CDU...
Old March 19th 05, 01:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve Dulieu

Sorry about my ignorance but what is a "Real Man" and what's so
different to driving A60 stock to driving 38 or 62 stock with the flag
up? You can also help my education by telling me what a TEP and a CDU
is? Thank you.

TEP = Train Equipment Panel
CDU = Cab Display Unit

Both perform essentially the same task, allow the driver to switch off
various bits of train equipment, but the TEP gave a much greater degree
of control. It had a button to cut out the rheo for one thing.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

A60 stock used on the top of the met, where I doubt train stopping
positions were that critical. 38 stock on the Northern line required a
drivers cab stop over the diamond, with both the front and back of the
train in the tunnel, (don't nit pick about Highgate.). So I ask a
second time, what's this stuff about real men and the A 60 stock?
--
Christine.
Old March 19th 05, 02:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Christine." wrote in message

Thank you.
--
Clive.

Had a sex change?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

1506 and Boltar MIG London Transport 153 September 5th 11 10:12 AM
Here's one for Boltar... Recliner[_2_] London Transport 0 December 8th 10 12:29 PM
My EOR History site or EORVS (offical) site, which is better look. EorJames London Transport 2 April 3rd 05 06:14 PM
EOR / ORPS Feud - Time to kiss & make up ? umpston London Transport 4 March 16th 05 08:27 PM