Old March 19th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default For Boltar About The EOR.

In message , John Rowland
writes
Had a sex change?

How did you know that?
--
Clive.
Old March 19th 05, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default REPOST: For Boltar About The EOR.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 03:43:05 +0000, Chris Tolley
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:23:03 GMT, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:36:16 +0000, Chris Tolley
That's already been mentioned, and argued about. However, there is the
Crich tramway Museum which is electrified...

... with overhead wires, not third rail And it isn't a preserved
line, it's in a former quarry. There are lots of museums with overhead
wires -tramway and trolleybus.

Well, of course. ;-)

Anyway, you say "lots" of others. I can think of Beamish, but then I run
out of ideas. What do you have in mind?

Off the top of my head,,, The Black Country Museum, Sandtoft
Trolleybus Museum, East Anglia Transport Museum, the Birkenhead
tramway system.

Actually you and I are both slipping OT as none of these are strictly
preserved lines, but working trolleybus and tram operations that
commenced after conventional 600V DC operation stopped. There are
others that have kept going primarily as tourist attractions
(enthusiasts are never able to operate preserved transport without
non-enthusiast tourist income). Despite lots of wonderful preserved
lines, I can only think of two that operate ordinary passenger
services... Blackpool and ISTR some Kent/Sussex rail lines do school
services.

My fire extinguishers are ready for the flames!

Paul
Old March 19th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
" writes

Off the top of my head,,, The Black Country Museum, Sandtoft
Trolleybus Museum, East Anglia Transport Museum, the Birkenhead
tramway system.

But AFAIR none of these use third rail electrification, which is the
point at issue.

--
Paul Terry

Old March 19th 05, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:46:57 +0000, Mrs Redboots wrote:
Amberley

I'd forgotten that one.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632831.html
(33 015 having a lovely time the day it went to Bangor - 3 Jun 1985)
Old March 19th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:17:37 GMT, wrote:

Off the top of my head,,, The Black Country Museum, Sandtoft
Trolleybus Museum, East Anglia Transport Museum, the Birkenhead
tramway system.

Didn't know of those. Thanks.
--
My most recent pictu
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12846287.html
Old March 19th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:03:48 +0000, Christine. wrote:

Sorry about my ignorance but what is a "Real Man"

Last I heard, it was someone who doesn't eat quiche.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p10601005.html
(86 204 passing Willesden Junction in InterCity Swallow livery, 1995)
Old March 20th 05, 12:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:36:36 GMT, "
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:46:57 +0000, Mrs Redboots
wrote:

Amberley is an excellent museum, with much live operating action but I
can't think of any electric traction there (wires or third rail). IMO
it's one of the best family days out in southern England.

Nothing that moves in the rolling stock sense unless you count the
petrol electric Southdown bus.

ISTR though that they have some exhibit to do with the operation of
Southern Railway Substations

And somewhere when I visited there were a couple of lenghts of narrow
gauge track with a third rail. probably from Volks railway . Meant to
ask someone .

G.Harman

1506 and Boltar MIG London Transport 153 September 5th 11 11:12 AM
Here's one for Boltar... Recliner[_2_] London Transport 0 December 8th 10 01:29 PM
My EOR History site or EORVS (offical) site, which is better look. EorJames London Transport 2 April 3rd 05 07:14 PM
EOR / ORPS Feud - Time to kiss & make up ? umpston London Transport 4 March 16th 05 09:27 PM