Old March 17th 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Rickshaw Construction

After lots of Googling, have given up!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a web site which shows mechanical
details of the construction of the cycle based rickshaws (pedicabs?) such as
are in use in London?

I have a friend in Germany who is trying to build one as a school project
but he is having problems sorting out some of the details of how the power
transmission to the rear wheels is arranged.

Old March 18th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:57:04 -0000, Vernon wrote:
After lots of Googling, have given up!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a web site which shows mechanical
details of the construction of the cycle based rickshaws (pedicabs?) such as
are in use in London?

I have a friend in Germany who is trying to build one as a school project
but he is having problems sorting out some of the details of how the power
transmission to the rear wheels is arranged.

email me off list and I might be able to get some photos, as I know
a lot of people involved with them, BTW lots are imported from India.

--
Martin
Old March 21st 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Smith" wrote in message
k...
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:57:04 -0000, Vernon wrote:
After lots of Googling, have given up!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a web site which shows

mechanical
details of the construction of the cycle based rickshaws (pedicabs?)

such as
are in use in London?

I have a friend in Germany who is trying to build one as a school

project
but he is having problems sorting out some of the details of how the

power
transmission to the rear wheels is arranged.

email me off list and I might be able to get some photos, as I know
a lot of people involved with them, BTW lots are imported from India.

Thanks for the offer Martin, though in fact events have overtaken us.

He contacted me over the weekend to say that he had managed to find a
friendly pedicab rider in Germany and had taken a number of photos himself.

cheers

Vernon

Old April 18th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi,

I hope that my answer does not come too late ;-)

There is a place where to get further information about rickshaw /
pedicab....

There you may even find blue prints of an indian rickshaw in the
download / gallery area:

Check http://www.rickshawforum.com/forums

Hope this helps

Trixi

Can anyone point me in the direction of a web site which shows

mechanical
details of the construction of the cycle based rickshaws

(pedicabs?)
such as
are in use in London?o

I have a friend in Germany who is trying to build one as a school

project
but he is having problems srting out some of the details of how

Old April 19th 05, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I hope that my answer does not come too late ;-)

There is a place where to get further information about rickshaw /
pedicab....

There you may even find blue prints of an indian rickshaw in the
download / gallery area:

Check http://www.rickshawforum.com/forums

Thanks Trixi,

Since the original discussion he has been over to England to see me and we
did quite a bit of research and found those blueprints, though they were not
really the level of detail he was looking for. As I mentioned a while ago,
he found someone in Germany with a pedicab and had a look at it. Whilst
here, he went to London and had a chat with a friendly rider who let him
take some detailed photos of the parts which were puzzling him.

regards

Vernon