Old March 24th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

EorJames ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

www.londonundergroundphotoshop.bravehost.com

Impressive. Two trademarks infringed in one fell swoop.

Old March 24th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen
the underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site
shortly. And if you look down on the first page it states that, i
have no connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?

The best suggestion I can offer is that you make an effort to English in
such a way as your intended clients will understand. After all there's no
point in writing something if people can't understand it.

Old March 24th 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes im sorry.
The Website is now on a new domain name, and has an example of my work.
The new link: www.luphotostop.co.nr
I hope some of you will enjoy using my services.
Really i make about 5 pounds a time out of this, as it costs a lot to
make trips.
But really to me, it is about giving other people a chance to enjoy
brillant pictures of the tube.
I do this for people to share my love for the London Underground.
Of coarse i do earn somthing out of it otherwise i would be barmy.
I hope my example helps you to decide to use my service.
Thank you
James.

Old March 24th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
EorJames wrote:
Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen
the underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site
shortly. And if you look down on the first page it states that, i
have no connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?

The best suggestion I can offer is that you make an effort to English
in such a way as your intended clients will understand. After all
there's no point in writing something if people can't understand it.

PS No prizes for spotting the deliberate error. ;-)

Old March 24th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What error?

Old March 24th 05, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 24 Mar 2005:

Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen the
underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site shortly.
And if you look down on the first page it states that, i have no
connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?
Cheers
James

Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old March 24th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.

Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????

Yes, thanks. I like 35mm.
Old March 24th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
EorJames writes

Look is it me all you care about is my Grammer.

Grammar.

When you choose to use the written word as your medium, people may
comment on how you express yourself. We don't know what you look like,
how you dress, what you sound like ... all we know about you are the
words you write.

i rush typing to get it done quickly.

Perhaps people fear you may rush photography as well.

Look if you think my idea is crap, then save your time by not posting
ok.

Why not? If people think your idea is crap, they are perfectly entitled
to say so.

--
Paul Terry
Old March 24th 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????
--

I do. I use a digi-camera occasionally but you can't beat the feel of a
good old-fashioned SLR in your hands. There's something quite exciting

Old March 24th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
EorJames writes

I dont really want to email them.
But why cant i do it.
What is the LUs position on this?
Can anyone tell me.

Basically, stations are private property. The public gets to use them
according to conditions and byelaws.

Those conditions include no smoking, no skateboarding, no flash
photography, no tripods, etc.

But now ive read about the permits and stuff.

Good.

I never get stopped when im on my own anyway.
Im doing it and if i get a letter or email from them i know where it
came from.
But really i think of my self as doing people a favour.

But you are failing to consider that London Underground have rights -
one of which is to benefit us all (and not just EorJames) by the sale of
photographs of stations.

Now, it could be that they are not greatly bothered because there are so
many free photos already available in books and on the WWW that they
don't see much money to be made from taking and selling their own
bespoke photos. But it is they are the ones that should decide this, and
that is why you should ask permission for what you propose to do.

--
Paul Terry