Old April 3rd 05, 04:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Planned London Trip

I make the trip over from the US about once a year, and I have always
relied on a bookmark I had saved for a company who does transfers from
Heathrow to the London Hotels, that bookedmark like is no longer good
and I am at a lost tryng to find a company that handles this as I
understand the tube is really not working at T4 so I don't know if I
want to just take the Express into Paddington or keep looking for the
stuttle. Anyone have any ideas?
What does a 7 day tube pass cost this year?

Thanks

TheMiz

Old April 3rd 05, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , TheMiz
writes

I make the trip over from the US about once a year, and I have always
relied on a bookmark I had saved for a company who does transfers from
Heathrow to the London Hotels, that bookedmark like is no longer good
and I am at a lost tryng to find a company that handles this

If this is the old A2 airbus to Russell Square, the service was
withdrawn a few months ago.

as I understand the tube is really not working at T4 so I don't know
if I want to just take the Express into Paddington or keep looking for
the stuttle. Anyone have any ideas?

It depends on where your hotel is. If it is close to a Piccadilly line
station, then it will probably be easiest and certainly cheaper to take
the replacement bus service from T4 to the Piccadilly line at Hatton
Cross. Buses run every 5 minutes and add 5-10 minutes to the journey
time. Apparently there are staff to help with luggage.

What does a 7 day tube pass cost this year?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2005/

--
Paul Terry
Old April 3rd 05, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"TheMiz" wrote in message

Anyone have any ideas?

The best way from T4 at the moment, George, is really to take the heathrow
Express into Paddington and then continue from there by tube, bus or cab.
Cost is UKP14 single or 26 return.

If you want to take the tube, you can either do as Paul suggests and take
the bus servbice to Hatton Cross, or you can take the Heathrow Express
(free) from T4 to T3 and start your tube journey there.

Ian

Old April 3rd 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"TheMiz" wrote in message
Think I will take the express to Paddington
then hop the tube to the Kennsington station

Thanks Guys

If you're going to South Kensington it'll be far cheaper, easier and
probably quicker to get the Heathrow Express to Terminals 1,2,3 (free) and
change to the Picadilly Line tube there. Then change to a district line
train at Barons Court (across platform connection).

Regards

David Bennetts

Old April 4th 05, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Bennetts wrote:
"TheMiz" wrote in message
Think I will take the express to Paddington
then hop the tube to the Kennsington station

Thanks Guys

If you're going to South Kensington it'll be far cheaper, easier and
probably quicker to get the Heathrow Express to Terminals 1,2,3
(free) and change to the Picadilly Line tube there. Then change to
a district line train at Barons Court (across platform connection).

Cheaper? Yes.

Easier? Not much in it. Both routes have a walk between HEx and the
Underground. Both involve a wait of up to 15 minutes for HEx at T4.

Quicker? Not necessarily according to TfL's Journey Planner. Your
route takes 53-73 minutes including waiting times. Via Paddington, it's
44-67 minutes. Taking the dedicated bus from T4 to Hatton Cross and
the Piccadilly Line would reduce the overall time to 40-50 minutes.

Also, there's not much point in changing to the District at Barons Court
as the Piccadilly also goes to South Kensington, and there are fewer
steps to climb from the Picc to street level (plus escalators of
course).
--
Richard J.

Old April 4th 05, 12:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Any thoughts on the London Pass ?

That does sound rather good! I know my way once I get to South
Kensington just about a 4 block walk up to Queensway!

Any thoughts on a 7 day London Pass ?

Thanks again for all the help

TheMiz

Old April 4th 05, 01:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheMiz wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
David Bennetts wrote:

"TheMiz" wrote in message

[...]

But Queensway is the other side of Kensington Gardens from South
Kensington, a distance of more than 1 mile. If you can tell us where
your hotel is (hotel name/road, or postcode), we can refine the
transport advice.

Any thoughts on a 7 day London Pass ?

According to their website www.londonpass.com, you can buy one for 1,2,3
or 6 days, not 7. It's only worth it, in my view, if you're going to
spend all your time visiting the attractions listed on their site. Note
that in very small print it says that they will add 17.5% tax (meaning
VAT, I assume) to the quoted prices. Presenting consumer prices in this
way is not regarded as good practice in the UK.

If you get one with travel included, you will pay £38 (including tax*)
for the travel element, covering Zones 1-6. A 7-Day Travelcard for
Zones 1-2, where all the main tourist attractions are, is £21.40.

* VAT is not payable on public transport fares, so I don't see how they
can justify this. I've mailed them (the Leisure Pass Group) about this.
--
Richard J.

Old April 4th 05, 02:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
TheMiz wrote:

Richard J. wrote:

David Bennetts wrote:

[...]

OPPS sorry its 100 Queen's Gate
Old April 4th 05, 03:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
TheMiz wrote:

Richard J. wrote:

David Bennetts wrote:

[...]