Old April 6th 05, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default steam on the met 1996

Hi
On 26.05.96 I visited steam on the met and travelled on 3 trains, One
was from Rickmansworth to Amersham which had Diesel loco 20227
attatched, I then travelled from Amersham to Watford which had Sarah
Siddons attatched and then from Watford to Wembley park on a train that
had 20227 attatched, My question is, Does anybody here know which steam
locos were hauling the above trains?????
Thanksa for ANY help that you can give Tony.

Old April 6th 05, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
wrote:
Hi
On 26.05.96 I visited steam on the met and travelled on 3 trains, One
was from Rickmansworth to Amersham which had Diesel loco 20227
attatched, I then travelled from Amersham to Watford which had Sarah
Siddons attatched and then from Watford to Wembley park on a train that
had 20227 attatched, My question is, Does anybody here know which steam
locos were hauling the above trains?????
Thanksa for ANY help that you can give Tony.

7325, 9466 and 75014 were used that year.

David

Old April 6th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
On 26.05.96 I visited steam on the met and travelled on 3 trains, One
was from Rickmansworth to Amersham which had Diesel loco 20227
attatched, I then travelled from Amersham to Watford which had Sarah
Siddons attatched and then from Watford to Wembley park on a train that
had 20227 attatched, My question is, Does anybody here know which steam
locos were hauling the above trains?????

As there were several trains each day in each direction (and you haven't
given us the train times) it is a bit difficult to offer a suggestion, other
than by noting the locomotives that were operational over the weekend, which
were BR Standard 75014, GWR pannier 9466 and GWR 7325. Unfortunately I was
only out on the 27th, so I can't offer any information on which locomotives
were on which trains.

Old April 7th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi
The first train was around 1100-1200 from Rickmansworth, the
second around 1500 from Amersham and the train from Watford to Wembley
was the last one of the day. I was kinda thinking that the same Steam
loco would stick with the same support loco all day??
Cheers Tony.

Old April 7th 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...

The first train was around 1100-1200 from Rickmansworth, the
second around 1500 from Amersham and the train from Watford to Wembley
was the last one of the day. I was kinda thinking that the same Steam
loco would stick with the same support loco all day??

Unfortunately not. There was usually one loco coaling and/or watering at
Amersham. Normal procedure was that an incoming train at Amersham would drop
off its loco, which would proceed to the up siding for coal or water, the
spare loco at Amersham (from the previous train) would then take out the
next train. In other words, on arrival at Amersham each loco drops back one
train.