Old May 27th 05, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stonebridge Park closure 1999

I was reviewing something and realized I was unsure about the
Stonebridge Park closure in 1999. Here's what I currently have:

Fri 1999-10-22 Last day of normal service.
Sat 1999-10-23 LU trains turn back at Queen's Park. Silverlink run a
shuttle from Stonebridge Park to Watford Junction.
Fri 1999-10-29 Last day of shuttle service.
Sat 1999-10-30 Stonebridge Park station closed for building work.
Mon 1999-11-01 Line reopens to both LU and Silverlink, but with
Stonebridge Park closed and trains non-stopping.
Wed 1999-11-10 Stonebridge Park re-opens.

Does anyone disagree with this?

My other question is what happened on Sat 30th and Sun 31st: were there
simply no trains at all on Silverlink, or did the shuttle run from
Watford Junction to Wembley Central?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old May 27th 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Feather:
I was reviewing something and realized I was unsure about the
Stonebridge Park closure in 1999. Here's what I currently have:

Fri 1999-10-22 Last day of normal service.
Sat 1999-10-23 LU trains turn back at Queen's Park. Silverlink run a
shuttle from Stonebridge Park to Watford Junction.
Fri 1999-10-29 Last day of shuttle service.
Sat 1999-10-30 Stonebridge Park station closed for building work.
Mon 1999-11-01 Line reopens to both LU and Silverlink, but with
Stonebridge Park closed and trains non-stopping.
Wed 1999-11-10 Stonebridge Park re-opens.

Does anyone disagree with this?

Underground News does. This is covered in the December 1999 issue.

The first thing is that UN gives the first date as Friday 1999-10-21,
but since there was on such date, I think we can assume Clive had
that one right!

My other question is what happened on Sat 30th and Sun 31st: were there
simply no trains at all on Silverlink, or did the shuttle run from
Watford Junction to Wembley Central?

UN merely gives a southern terminus of "Silverlink Metro services".
If this means trains to Watford Junction, then the answer is that
they ran from Watford Junction to Wembley Central on *both* weekends,
the 23rd/24th and the 30th/31st, but were extended to Stonebridge
Park from Monday 1999-10-25 to Friday 1999-10-29 inclusive.

It also says that Silverlink County trains made extra stops at
Queen's Park and Wembley Central during the work. I suppose those
were on the main line.
--
Mark Brader A real Canadian science-fiction plot would be
Toronto about whether alien visitors were a federal or

Old May 27th 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
Clive Feather:
[...]

This post
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...57f59c5d92e497
agrees with Mark that the Silverlink shuttles only ran to Stonebridge Park
Mon-Fri 0700-1900.

Peter Smyth

Old May 28th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Mark Brader
writes
I was reviewing something and realized I was unsure about the
Stonebridge Park closure in 1999. Here's what I currently have:

[...]
Underground News does. This is covered in the December 1999 issue.

Thanks.

UN merely gives a southern terminus of "Silverlink Metro services".
If this means trains to Watford Junction,

That's Metro, yes.

It also says that Silverlink County trains made extra stops at
Queen's Park and Wembley Central during the work. I suppose those
were on the main line.

Indeed - County are the trains from Northampton, Bletchley, etc.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: