Old June 4th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Faded Record Card

Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

Old June 4th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

The RPI didn't know what he was talking about. Oyster Card seasons are valid
on overground trains and you don't need a record card at all, or a photocard
either.

Peter Smyth

Old June 4th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

Someone I know experienced this on Silverlink a few times when the
guard didn't know how to use his hand held scanner properly and claimed there
was no valid ticket. He printed the list of current tickets from his account details on
www.oystercard.com and showed that to him the next time to shut him up.

Old June 5th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris wrote:
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

I got it replaced this evening at East Putney.

The knob in the station didn't transfer my prepay over, didn't transfer
my discount entitlement over and put the wrong expiry date (today
instead of 29 JUN).

I'm fuming!!

Old June 5th 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris! wrote:
Chris wrote:
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

I got it replaced this evening at East Putney.

The knob in the station didn't transfer my prepay over, didn't transfer
my discount entitlement over and put the wrong expiry date (today
instead of 29 JUN).

I'm fuming!!

Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early)... took 70 minutes to
get it corrected - but at least that's better than queueing tomorrow in
the am peak

Old June 5th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:

Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early).

Sounds standard practice there. I'm glad I can't use Oyster (because I
travel from Cambridge) with all the hassle.

--
Colin Rosenstiel