Old June 5th 05, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default London Connections Map

There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect
depicted as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow
Terminals 1,2 & 3.

The BAA stations are depicted outside the Zone 6 shading.

It also has updated the opening dates for Shepherds Bush & Imperial
Wharf to 2006.

(These two stations were listed as calling points for the Silverlink
service on the platform indicator at Clapham Junction yesterday)

Old June 5th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Joe Joe is offline

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect
depicted as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow
Terminals 1,2 & 3.

The BAA stations are depicted outside the Zone 6 shading.

It also has updated the opening dates for Shepherds Bush & Imperial
Wharf to 2006.

(These two stations were listed as calling points for the Silverlink
service on the platform indicator at Clapham Junction yesterday)

Ooh, I'll have to pick it up!
I'm collecting all the Ldn Connections/Ldn & SE maps, and I went to the
LT Museum Depot yesterday and got almost all of them dating back to
1988!

Old June 5th 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Joe wrote:
Matthew Dickinson wrote:
There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect
depicted as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow
Terminals 1,2 & 3.

The BAA stations are depicted outside the Zone 6 shading.

It also has updated the opening dates for Shepherds Bush & Imperial
Wharf to 2006.

(These two stations were listed as calling points for the Silverlink
service on the platform indicator at Clapham Junction yesterday)

Ooh, I'll have to pick it up!
I'm collecting all the Ldn Connections/Ldn & SE maps, and I went to the
LT Museum Depot yesterday and got almost all of them dating back to
1988!

I also have a slightly irrational interest in old editions of said
maps. Were the old maps for sale at the LT Museum depot or did you nick
them? ;-)

Old June 6th 05, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
There's a new London Connections map out

Interesting thing on the South East side, showing the Wessex service to
Brighton. All stations after Cosham are shown as "restricted service",
including Brighton, yet the line is solid and not the "restricted
service" parallel thin lines (as per Southampton - Eastleigh - Romsey).

If interpreted literally, this means that Wessex runs a regular service
to Brighton, but only a few trains actually stop there!

PhilD

Old June 6th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"PhilD" wrote in message
oups.com...

--

I hope they all stop at Brighton :-)

--

Regards

John

Old June 6th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Matthew Dickinson wrote:

There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect depicted
as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow Terminals 1,2 &
3.

Is this in stations? Do you know if it's online anywhere?

TfL's online support for this map is rather spotty - the version in
stations (prior to this) is the 'high frequency services' one, but i can't
find this online; it was definitely available at one point, but all TfL's
links go to the previous versions. Grr. Okay, rant over!

tom

--
:-( bad :-) bad :-| good
Old June 6th 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Matthew Dickinson wrote:

There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect
depicted as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow
Terminals 1,2 & 3.

Is this in stations? Do you know if it's online anywhere?

TfL's online support for this map is rather spotty - the version in
stations (prior to this) is the 'high frequency services' one, but i
can't find this online; it was definitely available at one point, but
all TfL's links go to the previous versions. Grr. Okay, rant over!

I'm not sure if we're talking about the TfL London Connections map
(which is being superseded by the High Frequency Services map), or the
ATOC London Connections map, which is the one that shows each TOC in a
different colour. I think it's the latter which has been updated,
because it's the only one that showed the stations at Shepherd's Bush
and Imperial Wharf WLL.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old June 6th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Matthew Dickinson wrote:

There's a new London Connections map out with Heathrow Connect depicted
as a seperate service between Ealing Broadway & Heathrow Terminals 1,2 &
3.

Is this in stations? Do you know if it's online anywhere?

TfL's online support for this map is rather spotty - the version in
stations (prior to this) is the 'high frequency services' one, but i can't
find this online; it was definitely available at one point, but all TfL's
links go to the previous versions. Grr. Okay, rant over!

tom

There was/is a TfL version of the London Connections map, which is now
called the 'High Frequency Services' map when it appears at Tube
stations, or is simply entitled 'Travelcard Zones' when it appears in
leaflets. I think they've ditched the 'London Connections' name (though
the PDF file of the 'Travelcard Zones' map available from the TfL
website is called "lon_con.pdf").

However IIRC there's always been two versions of the London Connections
map, the one produced by London Transport and now TfL, and the one
produced by Network SouthEast, now ATOC - which is what I believe the
OP is referring to. The ATOC map is double sided, showing the London &
South East rail network on one side (with the London detail excluded),
and the London Connections map on the other.

I find the ATOC London Connections map more useful, at least in terms
of rail travel in the capital, than the Tube-biased TfL version (though
it does lack any indicator of which lines are high frequency, which the
new TfL 'High Frequency' map benefits from).

The ATOC London Connections map, alongside the London & South East map
and others are available online in PDF format from the National Rail
website at...

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/maps.htm

....though it would appear that the new London Connections map has not
yet been made available online, the one on the site being dated January
2005.

Old June 6th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Mizter T wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
[...]

I have just looked at the london connections map on the page and it
does contain heathrow connect.

Old June 6th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Joe Joe is offline

I also have a slightly irrational interest in old editions of said
maps. Were the old maps for sale at the LT Museum depot or did you nick
them? ;-)

The Friends of the Museum had a stall there, selling leaflets for 10p
each. I picked up most of the Ldn Connections maps though, but there
were some other ones from the 1980s left.
Next open day is in Oct & there was a stall last time I went, so IM
sure theyLL have one this time.
Also got line Diagram Stickers, Map Stickers (all still with sticky
back), old Timetables, other station signs & random leaflets.