Old June 24th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelcards on Heathrow Express/Connect during LU closure

The first time I've seen this happen on a scheduled basis: when the
District and Piccadilly lines are closed between Acton and Earls Court
for scheduled engineering works over a number of weekends in the next
twelve months, travelcards valid to Central London to Heathrow
(Z1-6)will be accepted on both Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect
services.

Full details in the TfL press release at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=398

Has a similar thing happened in the past when there have been
unscheduled closures of the Piccadilly, or would you have paid full
fare on the Heathrow Express?

Old June 25th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Full details in the TfL press release at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=398

It seems passengers travelling between west of Acton Town (Heathrow
excepted) and central London are a bit hard done by - they have to
wait up to 20 minutes at Acton Town, just for the privilege of having
to wait again at Ealing Broadway for another train to take them into
London? Given the short length of the route, surely TfL would be able
to provide a much higher frequency on the Acton Town - Ealing Bdy
shuttle using only a small number of trains. Perhaps they are hoping
everyone living on the Heathrow branch will realise they can just get
a train in the "wrong" direction out to Heathrow and then use HEx?
Old June 29th 05, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
The first time I've seen this happen on a scheduled basis: when the
District and Piccadilly lines are closed between Acton and Earls Court
for scheduled engineering works over a number of weekends in the next
twelve months, travelcards valid to Central London to Heathrow
(Z1-6)will be accepted on both Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect
services.

Full details in the TfL press release at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=398

I don't suppose that anyone knows whether:

"London Underground Zone 1-6 Travelcard"

Means only that exact ticket type,

or any travelcard including Zones 1-6?

tim

Old June 29th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

tim (moved to sweden) wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
The first time I've seen this happen on a scheduled basis: when
the District and Piccadilly lines are closed between Acton and
Earls Court for scheduled engineering works over a number of
weekends in the next twelve months, travelcards valid to
Central London to Heathrow (Z1-6)will be accepted on both
Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect services.

Full details in the TfL press release at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=398

I don't suppose that anyone knows whether:

"London Underground Zone 1-6 Travelcard"

Means only that exact ticket type,

or any travelcard including Zones 1-6?

If you'd bothered to read the press release at the URL given above, you
would have seen the full wording:
"LU customers who hold a valid London Underground Zone 1-6 Travelcard
(both season and day tickets), a London Underground Zone 1-6 Oystercard
(not PrePay) or a Freedom Pass are allowed to travel between Heathrow
and Paddington on the Heathrow Express or the Heathrow Connect service."

--
Richard J.

Old June 29th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in
. uk:

Full details in the TfL press release at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...s-releases-con
tent.asp?prID=398

I don't suppose that anyone knows whether:

"London Underground Zone 1-6 Travelcard"

Means only that exact ticket type,

or any travelcard including Zones 1-6?

If you'd bothered to read the press release at the URL given above, you
would have seen the full wording:
"LU customers who hold a valid London Underground Zone 1-6 Travelcard
(both season and day tickets), a London Underground Zone 1-6 Oystercard
(not PrePay) or a Freedom Pass are allowed to travel between Heathrow
and Paddington on the Heathrow Express or the Heathrow Connect
service."

Sorry but I think the wording could be clearer for the following
circumstances:

1. Is an "out boundary" Zone 1-6 Travelcard (e.g. including zones A, B, C
or D or from a National Rail station beyond Z6) valid? (presumably yes?)

2. Is a combination of travelcards (e.g. weekly Z1 plus one-day Z2-6)
valid? (probably not?)

David

Old June 29th 05, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Jackman" wrote in message
. 26.234...
"Richard J." wrote in
. uk:

[...]

Thank you David, that is exactly the circumstance that I was referring to.

When I have a station X (outside london) to all zones, I don't have at LU
travelcard at all. I hoping that it would be valid but it's not 100%
certain

tim

Old June 29th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:57:05 +0200, "tim \(moved to sweden\)"
wrote:

When I have a station X (outside london) to all zones, I don't have at LU
travelcard at all. I hoping that it would be valid but it's not 100%
certain

Or a Travelcard for 1-6 issued by a National Rail station.

The wording really should be clearer. It should either state "a
London Underground-issued Travelcard", or "a Travelcard with validity
including zones 1 to 6", or similar such wording, to avoid ambiguity
and confusion.

There is no such thing as simply a "London Underground Travelcard".
The concept does not exist.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old June 30th 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . com,
() wrote:

The first time I've seen this happen on a scheduled basis: when the
District and Piccadilly lines are closed between Acton and Earls Court
for scheduled engineering works over a number of weekends in the next
twelve months, travelcards valid to Central London to Heathrow
(Z1-6)will be accepted on both Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect
services.

Full details in the TfL press release at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...s-releases-con
tent.asp?prID=398

And what does this mean?

"It will not be possible to run a bus service to and from Barons Court
because of local street traffic conditions".

Why can't they stop on West Cromwell Road to serve Baron's Court if they
really can't turn round at the station?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old June 30th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . com,
() wrote:

Full details in the TfL press release at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...s-releases-con
tent.asp?prID=398

The press release says, amongst other things:

"The closures will result in no service on the Piccadilly line from Acton
Town to Hyde Park Corner, with a reduced service on the rest of the line"

They don't mention the reduced service on the rest of the line again; any
idea what the service to the east of Hyde Park Corner is likely to be
like? Or to Uxbridge?

The release also says:

"Customers can still travel between Central London and Heathrow on the
Underground via the Central line to Ealing Broadway then the District line
shuttle to Acton Town which will operate at a frequency of three trains
per hour and then the Piccadilly line to Heathrow Terminals 123"

Well, that's great. However, given that it takes 6 minutes for a train to
fo from Ealing Broadway to Acton Town, how on earth does the shuttle work
out at 3 tph? Even if it was worked by just one train, taking 6 minutes
either way and having a 3-minute rest, that's 4 tph!

tom

--
All roads lead unto death row; who knows what's after?
Old June 30th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Full details in the TfL press release at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...s-releases-con
tent.asp?prID=398

The release also says:

"Customers can still travel between Central London and Heathrow on the
Underground via the Central line to Ealing Broadway then the District line
shuttle to Acton Town which will operate at a frequency of three trains
per hour and then the Piccadilly line to Heathrow Terminals 123"

Well, that's great. However, given that it takes 6 minutes for a train to
fo from Ealing Broadway to Acton Town, how on earth does the shuttle work
out at 3 tph? Even if it was worked by just one train, taking 6 minutes
either way and having a 3-minute rest, that's 4 tph!

Only 1.5 mins turnaround at each end, for the entire day, would be a
bit hectic...

Of course, they could always just use 2 trains, and actually provide a
decent frequency. 3tph just doesn't cut it. It's a slap in the face
considering the "customers" are already being highly inconvenienced by
the closures.