Old June 28th 05, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

On a bus this afternoon, I was sitting on one of the jump-seats in the
wheelchair area. A girl with a buggy got on and glared at me until I got up
and gave her my place.

The signage clearly says that the space is for wheelchairs - since when have
Big Mac-chomping, income support-claiming chav slappers with wailing brats
require the same level of concern as people in wheelchairs?

Ian

Old June 28th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:02:44 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

On a bus this afternoon, I was sitting on one of the jump-seats in the
wheelchair area. A girl with a buggy got on and glared at me until I got up
and gave her my place.

At least you were only glared at. I've been bashed into, had my feet run
over and witnessed all out warfare being buggy toting mothers.

The signage clearly says that the space is for wheelchairs - since when have
Big Mac-chomping, income support-claiming chav slappers with wailing brats
require the same level of concern as people in wheelchairs?

Since they became too lazy to fold them down and buggies developed 4x4
syndrome and turned into Hummers for toddlers. It would not surprise me
if mothers refused to move or fold their buggies if a wheelchair
passenger actually wanted to use the allocated space.

I hate the bloody things - they are a curse and are a safety risk if too
many are allowed on board. I hate to think what would happen if people
needed to escape from the rear of a bus when there were 3 buggies
jamming the aisle and centre doors. Wonder if TfL Buses have done that
risk assessment exercise?
--
Paul C

Old June 28th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

They should do what they do in some countries and hang the buggies at the
front of the bus. (together with the parent!) ;-)

A.

Old June 28th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian F. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

On a bus this afternoon, I was sitting on one of the jump-seats in the
wheelchair area. A girl with a buggy got on and glared at me

Lucky you...

until I got up and gave her my place.

Why?
Old June 28th 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Ian F. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

On a bus this afternoon, I was sitting on one of the jump-seats in the
wheelchair area. A girl with a buggy got on and glared at me

Lucky you...

until I got up and gave her my place.

Why?

In Blackpool a notice has been placed on the buses stating how many
wheelchairs and/or buggies can be carried at one time. Great! Management
passing the buck and putting the onus on the driver to sort it out once
again! Wheelchairs should have priority over any sort of baby carriage.
Most of the young mothers look to me like a short walk would do them good
anyway.
parent for sure, but the buggies done nothing wrong!

Dave G

Old June 28th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Here in Dublin the Rule is One Wheelchair OR in its absence ONE Occupied
buggy.
ALL others MUST fold and stow.
I am of the belief that this new category of Bus User is in fact becoming
responsible for a further decline in the numbers of "Ordinaries" using
Buses......

Old June 29th 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alek" wrote in message
Here in Dublin the Rule is One Wheelchair OR in its absence ONE Occupied
buggy.
ALL others MUST fold and stow.
I am of the belief that this new category of Bus User is in fact becoming
responsible for a further decline in the numbers of "Ordinaries" using
Buses......

Yes, I think I must agree with you there, sadly!
Dave G

Old June 29th 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
At least you were only glared at. I've been bashed into,
had my feet run over and witnessed all out warfare being
buggy toting mothers.

Of course I'm sure you're just lovely, but trying to
maneouvre buggies and/or a small child on buses (whether
tha stroller is collapsed or not) would be a great deal
easier if some passengers weren't a load of inconsiderate
******s.

If your experience of buggies and mothers has made you
hostile, think about what their experience is. You're
just got to stand around like the nice gentleman you are;
they've got a buggy and child to shift.

#Paul
Old June 30th 05, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On a bus this afternoon, I was sitting on one of the jump-seats in the
wheelchair area. A girl with a buggy got on and glared at me until I got up
and gave her my place.

I would have just ignored her (unless she was pregnant with the next
one, of course).
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk