Old July 14th 03, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Whitton Avenue East / West

John Rowland wrote:
Is my memory playing tricks, or was some or all of this a
dual carriageway twenty years ago? If so, why was it
singled?

If you mean Whitton Ave, in Sudbury/Greenford/Northolt, then I used to live
in the area and have no memory of it beiing dual.

Old July 14th 03, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If you mean Whitton Ave, in Sudbury/Greenford/Northolt, then I used
to live in the area and have no memory of it beiing dual.

I still do live in that area -- like 150 yards off Whitton Avenue East.
I've lived there 22 years and known the area for something more like
26-27 years. In that time I don't recall any of Whitton Avenue ever
being dual carriageway.

But it is a good wide road, now made narrow by people parking both sides
(mostly the house owners who are too lazy to use their rear access) and
the council putting silly bollards in the middle of the road -- could
this be deceiving you?

*Keith*
Old July 16th 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

and seems to be a favourite road for learner drivers to use, plus
there is the horrible traffic light crossing Greenford Road.

Whitton Avenue East/West is an A-road and as such can hardly be
described as a rat-run but it does sometimes act as a relief road to
the parallel A40.
Old July 16th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Whitton Avenue East/West is an A-road and as such can hardly be
described as a rat-run

No it is a main road ... the rats run down my road to avoid those
lights. :-(

*Keith*