Old July 15th 03, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Experimental road surface

I have recently driven over the 2 sections of 'experimental road surface' in
SE London on the B218, Brockley road. I don't know if anybody else has
experienced any such things but in my Focus it seems to be smoother the
higher the speed. I had heard that these surfaces were intended as a
replacement for speed bumps. Crazy?
Martin J.

Old July 15th 03, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin J writes
I had heard that these surfaces were intended as a replacement for
speed bumps

Where did you hear that?

--
Dave
Old July 16th 03, 01:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin J" wrote in message
I have recently driven over the 2 sections of 'experimental road surface'

in
SE London on the B218, Brockley road. I don't know if anybody else has
experienced any such things but in my Focus it seems to be smoother the
higher the speed.

I think it's called Tarmac.