Old July 12th 05, 12:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Rolling stock losses in the bombs

Anyone know the damage? Two C stock cars look like they could be
write-offs. Are they both trailer cars or a trailer and a motor?

Were any more C stock cars without bombs planted on them so badly damaged
that they may be written off, especially given their age?

I'm assuming the bombed cars are beyond repair. Is that correct? The photo
from Edgware Road shows significant end damage but little if any below the
solebar.

The 73ts looks like two cars of a three car unit are for scrap, with the
driving car being removed in pieces, I seem to remember reading.

My latest (2002) edition of Hardy shows no out of service C or 73ts stock.

--
Colin Rosenstiel