London Banter

-   -   DLR LCY Services (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3359-dlr-lcy-services.html)

Dockland July 31st 05 09:32 AM

DLR LCY Services

According to DLR's website (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/lca/index.shtml),
the service pattern on the extension will be every 14 minutes to Bank and
every 14 minutes to Canning Town in the morning peak, providing a 7 minute
service to Canning Town. In the Evening peak, it will be every 16 minutes
to Bank and every 16 minutes to Canning Town, providing an 8 minute
service to Canning Town. At all other times it will be a 10 minute service
to Bank. As expected there is no direct connection to Canary Wharf.

The project remains on schedule and is expected to open on Thursday 15th
December 2005.

[email protected] July 31st 05 01:30 PM

DLR LCY Services

Let's hope it's not at the expense of the Stratford branch - the only
one that doesn't serve the city and even the service to Lewisham is
curtailed early evening. Opening the station at Pudding Mill Lane
doubled the journey time from Bow Church to Stratford, yet I don't
think I've ever seen more than two people on the platform (I expect
most alight there to avoid the ticket barriers at Stratford). Now they
want insert another station between Devons Road and All Saints to serve
one of the area's most notorious sink estates ("The Teviot"). Bet
that'll generate a lot of revenue!!!