Old August 27th 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

Morning,

As you will be aware, Emma Clarke is currently the announcer for the
Picaddily Line (also the Central, Bakerloo and Hammersmith and City lines if
i remember correctly)

Im creating a route for BVE, and short of riding the whole tube journey,
does anyone know where I might be able to download these samples?

Thanks
Gareth

Old August 27th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Gareth Packer wrote:
Morning,

As you will be aware, Emma Clarke is currently the announcer for the
Picaddily Line (also the Central, Bakerloo and Hammersmith and City
lines if i remember correctly)

No, the on-train announcements on the Piccadilly Line were recorded by
an Arnos Grove driver.

Im creating a route for BVE, and short of riding the whole tube
journey, does anyone know where I might be able to download these
samples?

It would be quite authentic not to have the announcements. They don't
seem to be used by the majority of drivers, probably because they cause
the destination displays in the cars to go blank. (Are LU/TubeLines
ever going to cure that?)
--
Richard J.

Old August 27th 05, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Erm, sorry, its been a long day... (Yes I know its still the morning...)

I meant the Victoria Line... your absolutely right, the picadilly line
doesnt really have any announcements.. apart from that "Please mind the gap
between the train and the platform"

On the second subject though, the Piccadilly line is getting new 2009-Stock
tube trains in (funnily enough) 2009, which will be based on the 92-Stock of
the Central Line, and the 95/96 Stock of the Northern and Jubilee Lines, so
I wouldnt have thought that much more work by way of refurbishments will be
undertaken on the 72-Stock Trains... could be wrong, since they are also due
on the Victoria Lines around the same time, the only line with outdated
trains I believe will be the Bakerloo line, which is not due new stock until
2019...

But anyway, enough of the tangent, Victoria Line Announcements, can anyone
help?

Thanks
Gareth

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...

Old August 27th 05, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I meant the Victoria Line... your absolutely right, the picadilly line

So who's Emma Clark anyway?

On the second subject though, the Piccadilly line is getting new 2009-Stock

It is? First I've heard about it. Seems a bit premature given they only
recently
finished major overhauls to the 73 stock.

trains I believe will be the Bakerloo line, which is not due new stock until
2019...

Can't help thinking the bakerloo 72 stock will have fallen apart by
then.

B2003

Old August 27th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Gareth Packer
writes

As you will be aware, Emma Clarke is currently the announcer for the
Picaddily Line (also the Central, Bakerloo and Hammersmith and City lines if
i remember correctly)

EC doesn't do the Piccadilly - it's one of our drivers from Arnos Grove.
Old August 27th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes

It would be quite authentic not to have the announcements. They don't
seem to be used by the majority of drivers, probably because they cause
the destination displays in the cars to go blank. (Are LU/TubeLines
ever going to cure that?)

According to an article in the Metro a month or so ago, they're going to
get them working properly by the end of 2006 with every station done
automatically. I wonder if this is to do with the alterations that will
doubtless be required for Heathrow T4 services?

I'll refrain from comment as to whether this is ever likely.
Old August 27th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Gareth Packer
writes

I meant the Victoria Line... your absolutely right, the picadilly line
doesnt really have any announcements.. apart from that "Please mind the gap
between the train and the platform"

Actually there is a full repertoire of announcements available (every
station, MTG and quite a few more) but are rarely used as they don't
interface at all well with the in car displays as has been commented
here already.

On the second subject though, the Piccadilly line is getting new 2009-Stock
tube trains in (funnily enough) 2009, which will be based on the 92-Stock of
the Central Line, and the 95/96 Stock of the Northern and Jubilee Lines, so
I wouldnt have thought that much more work by way of refurbishments will be
undertaken on the 72-Stock Trains... could be wrong, since they are also due
on the Victoria Lines around the same time, the only line with outdated
trains I believe will be the Bakerloo line, which is not due new stock until
2019...

Don't know where you get the idea we're getting some 2009 (would be 09TS
surely!) stock on the Piccadilly. Apart from the fact we don't
currently have any 72TS to replace, we've been told to expect new trains
in around 12 years.
Old August 27th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:24:23 GMT, "Gareth Packer"
wrote:

On the second subject though, the Piccadilly line is getting new 2009-Stock
tube trains in (funnily enough) 2009, which will be based on the 92-Stock of
the Central Line, and the 95/96 Stock of the Northern and Jubilee Lines, so
I wouldnt have thought that much more work by way of refurbishments will be
undertaken on the 72-Stock Trains... could be wrong, since they are also due
on the Victoria Lines around the same time, the only line with outdated
trains I believe will be the Bakerloo line, which is not due new stock until
2019...

I think you know more than we at LU or even Tube Lines do. The train
design is not finalised and new trains are not required until 2012 at
the earliest with upgrade completion due in 2015 if memory serves. It
would be foolish to purchase a design of train that will be 15 years old
for the Piccadilly Line upgrade. And performance of the current Northern
Line trains is dire so it would be doubly stupid - Tube Lines will want
something that it is very reliable so that their risk under PPP is
minimised.

I'm sure Alstom would be delighted to know they have already won a yet
to be tendered contract as would the EU as this would be a breach of
procurement law. Not sure how Bombardier would feel about the IPR of
the Central Line trains being "stolen" to inform the design of the
Piccadilly Line trains.

Oh and Piccadilly Line stock is 1973 stock and it has just had a whole
package of improvements made to it to improve reliability and all of the
seat covers are being replaced by Tube Lines. As the Picc is generally
very reliable on the Tube Lines managed sections it is pretty clear that
spending money to deal with the worst aspects of unreliability has been
worth it.
--
Paul C

Old August 27th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Heh, im not going to argue with that, Ill take your word for it rather than
other information recieved definately.