Old July 17th 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Pass

Wonder can anyone give me authentic details of limits on the range of the
London "Freedom Pass"? The tube/rail map supplied with the pass does not
include some places on the outer rim, but this may be due to constraints of
space as much as of limits.
I've tried the LT Tube site but could not find any information on this topic,
so I've sent them an e-mail asking for information. Meanwhile perhaps other
transport enthusiasts can help?.

Old July 17th 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CharlesPottins writes
Wonder can anyone give me authentic details of limits on the range of the
London "Freedom Pass"? The tube/rail map supplied with the pass does not
include some places on the outer rim, but this may be due to constraints of
space as much as of limits.
I've tried the LT Tube site but could not find any information on this topic,
so I've sent them an e-mail asking for information. Meanwhile perhaps other
transport enthusiasts can help?.

http://www.freedompass.org/Freedom%20Pass%20Map.pdf would seem to show
every station at the limit of validity.

If its bus information you're after, then TfL do a leaflet 'Beyond the
Fringes' - I don't think it's available online though.

--
Dave
Old July 17th 03, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CharlesPottins" wrote in message
Wonder can anyone give me authentic details of limits on the range of the
London "Freedom Pass"? The tube/rail map supplied with the pass does not
include some places on the outer rim, but this may be due to constraints of
space as much as of limits.
I've tried the LT Tube site but could not find any information on this

topic,
so I've sent them an e-mail asking for information. Meanwhile perhaps other
transport enthusiasts can help?.

http://www.freedompass.org/Freedom%20Pass%20Map.pdf

Basically everywhere in zones 1-6, plus the Met to Amersham/Chesham/Watford
and National Rail to Dartford and Swanley, but not including the Heathrow
Express.

Peter Smyth

Old July 17th 03, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CharlesPottins writes
Thanks. This seems not dissimilar to map that came with ticket. If it's
accurate, I'm dissappointed that Denham(Chiltern) is not included. But being
able to go to Amersham does seem a good deal.

Well Denham is outside Greater London.

There are a couple of places outside Z6 where you can go - on the Met
(coz it's a TfL service) and to places like Dartford. AIUI, the latter
easement is because hospital services for many residents of Bromley
Borough are in Dartford,

--
Dave
Old July 20th 03, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Amersham is definitely outside Greater London! But not to worry, I can use my
pass on bus services to Denham (e.g. from Uxbridge), as I used to use my 4-zone
pass before. .
But the Amersham inclusion is excellent news, as I'm planning a trip out past
Aylsbury and it looks like I can use my pass on the Met Line out to Amersham,
then just pay the extra from there.