Old July 21st 03, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another "Crapita" CC screw up

According to today's "Guardian":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardianpo...002177,00.html

"In a serious breakdown in enforcement of the £5-a-day charging scheme, Capita
has admitted it failed to process nearly 1,600 cheques from drivers who had
paid penalty charges after being caught on camera inside the zone.
Half of the drivers received letters demanding sums of up to £120 for late
payment. They were told that unless they paid, they risked action from bailiffs
and court proceedings. The threats prompted 450 people to pay again - money
which Capita has been forced to refund."

Over 25% of those asked to pay the fine again did! I can't believe it. But if
details of this hadn't been uncovered, I wonder what "Crapita" would have done
with the extra money?

Old July 21st 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Acrosticus
writes
I wonder what "Crapita" would have done with the extra money?

Capita is probably charging a management fee. It collects the money on
behalf of Transport For London. So they don't get any of the money full
stop. They just charge their management fee. So you should be asking
what Ken is doing with the extra money. And that's probably paying for
all these new buses he keeps buying.
--
CJG

Another one for Boris or maybe "Britain's got talent" ? Mwmbwls London Transport 0 June 3rd 08 12:11 PM
Screw The Terrorists.... CMOT TMPV London Transport 16 July 9th 05 04:29 PM
Screw The Terrorists.... Mick Tully London Transport 1 July 9th 05 08:14 AM
Screw Threads John London Transport 7 April 16th 05 11:38 PM
Crapita bailed-out over congestion charging Ade V London Transport 40 August 8th 03 10:30 AM