Old March 1st 06, 06:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default DLR "cab rides"

The final two videos have now been put on Google Video. These a

From Tower Gateway to Beckton:

From Canary Wharf to Stratford:

The Beckton journey came out rather dark -- sorry!

The windscreens retain dirt for much of the field of view.

All videos are listed in my homepage: http://www.clive.org.uk

Regards,

Clive
--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.

Old March 1st 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

FebGary2006 wrote:
[top-posting corrected]
"Clive R Robertson" wrote in message
The final two videos have now been put on Google Video. These a

From Tower Gateway to Beckton:

From Canary Wharf to Stratford:

The Beckton journey came out rather dark -- sorry!

The windscreens retain dirt for much of the field of view.

All videos are listed in my homepage: http://www.clive.org.uk

Regards,

Clive
--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.

why??

Why what? Please learn to add your comments *after* the relevant bit of
the previous post, i.e. don't "top-post".
--
Richard J.

Old March 2nd 06, 09:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

why??

Why what? Please learn to add your comments *after* the relevant bit of
the previous post, i.e. don't "top-post".
--
Richard J.

Richard,

please learn not to quote all the previous email when making off topic
remarks.

And surely if the poster about the letter in the Guardian is to be believed,
then videoing from the front of a DLR is illegal? There back on topic.

Paul

Old March 2nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2 Mar 2006 06:53:06 -0800, "Paul Weaver"
wrote:

And surely if the poster about the letter in the Guardian is to be believed,
then videoing from the front of a DLR is illegal? There back on topic.

Pretty much everything in the country is illegal, it allows them to
arrest whoever they want even if the activity they don't like is legal.

Fortunatly hosting videos that were made illegally is not, in itself,
illegal (as far as we know, but then in the time of secret laws, or
laws so complex that you need to pay a lawyer a 4 figure sum to find
out if an activity is illegal, who knows)

Well, I am glad to say that I am not yet in jail!

Visiting http:\\www.dlr.co.uk/ redirects to http:\\www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/
Searching there for "photograph" gives four results: two for
"Commercial Opportunities", one for journalistic use of DLR-provided
photographs, and one for Condition 13 of the Conditions of Carriage,
which refers to "Access and carriage of passengers in wheelchairs,
buggies and pushchairs" -- yes, that puzzles me as well!

Failing DLR-specific limitations, I used the same non-commercial
restrictions as are displayed at Tube stations -- no flash and no
tripods. If TfL want to contact me, there should be no problem!

Generally speaking, AIUI everything is legal unless specifically made
illegal (by an Act or Common Law) -- but IANAL.

Now, if FebGary2006 will expand on his "Why?" ...

Old March 3rd 06, 08:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Clive R Robertson" wrote in message
The final two videos have now been put on Google Video. These a

From Tower Gateway to Beckton:

From Canary Wharf to Stratford:

Another superb contibution to us Up t'North.

Thanks Clive.

Ken Ward.

Old March 3rd 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Clive R Robertson" wrote in message

Well, I am glad to say that I am not yet in jail!

Visiting http:\\www.dlr.co.uk/ redirects to http:\\www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/
Searching there for "photograph" gives four results: two for
"Commercial Opportunities", one for journalistic use of DLR-provided
photographs, and one for Condition 13 of the Conditions of Carriage,
which refers to "Access and carriage of passengers in wheelchairs,
buggies and pushchairs" -- yes, that puzzles me as well!

Failing DLR-specific limitations, I used the same non-commercial
restrictions as are displayed at Tube stations -- no flash and no
tripods. If TfL want to contact me, there should be no problem!

Generally speaking, AIUI everything is legal unless specifically made
illegal (by an Act or Common Law) -- but IANAL.

A good job you did not use anagrams for the station names or you would be in
the Tower!

Ken Ward.

Old March 5th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Ken Ward
gently breathed:
"Clive R Robertson" wrote in message
.. .
The final two videos have now been put on Google Video. These a

From Tower Gateway to Beckton:

From Canary Wharf to Stratford:

Another superb contibution to us Up t'North.

Thanks from me too, great fun! Exploring the many new bits of the DLR
that have been added since I last did it in the 90s is definetly on the
agenda this year.

At one point, not far from Stratford, there are a couple of track
workers on the NR lines. Needless to say the DLR train, being driven by
a computer, doesn't hoot at them. I assume there's a fence between the
DLR and NR tracks, but what's the official policy on driverless trains?
Is all red-zone track work on DLR lines forbidden while they are
operating, or is there a facility for a train captain to take manual
control if passing a work site, and the train to stop if he/she doesn't?

--
- DJ Pyromancer, The Sunday Goth Social, Leeds. http://www.sheepish.net

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = http://www.wytches.net = The UK's Pagan ISP!
http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk http://www.revival.stormshadow.com
Old March 5th 06, 01:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Pyromancer wrote:

Is all red-zone track work on DLR lines forbidden while they are
operating, or is there a facility for a train captain to take manual
control if passing a work site, and the train to stop if he/she doesn't?

The latter - in 1996 following the Docklands bomb DLR trains ran on manual
over the section of track for a while, with the onboard guard taking the
controls (they're in the box at the front of the train).

Old March 5th 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Pyromancer" wrote in message
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Ken Ward
gently breathed:
"Clive R Robertson" wrote in message
. ..
The final two videos have now been put on Google Video. These a

From Tower Gateway to Beckton:

From Canary Wharf to Stratford:

[...]

Section 1 page 25 of the East Anglia Sectional Appendix explains it. Trying
to extract the instruction for you.