Old May 10th 06, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Help- access to Jubilee line at Baker St

Can someone help?

How easy is access to/from the Jubilee line at Baker St or St John's Wood?

I'm on crutches after breaking my hip, so can't manage a flight of stairs,
but can probably cope with the escalator if it isn't busy. [Travelling about
3pm]

I'm OK at the start of journey, Stratford, since that's a pair of lifts.

Thanks

Ken

KenATwelsbywrites.com

Old May 10th 06, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ken W wrote:
Can someone help?

How easy is access to/from the Jubilee line at Baker St or St John's Wood?

I'm on crutches after breaking my hip, so can't manage a flight of stairs,
but can probably cope with the escalator if it isn't busy. [Travelling about
3pm]

I'm OK at the start of journey, Stratford, since that's a pair of lifts.

There's an Excel spreadsheet of station accessibility on this page
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/using/get...und/access.asp

(I'd tell you myself but this machine I'm using doesn't seem to have
Excel on it.)
Old May 10th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ken W wrote:
Can someone help?

How easy is access to/from the Jubilee line at Baker St or St John's Wood?

I'm on crutches after breaking my hip, so can't manage a flight of stairs,
but can probably cope with the escalator if it isn't busy. [Travelling about
3pm]

I'm OK at the start of journey, Stratford, since that's a pair of lifts.

If you use the TFL Journey Planner, the details of the routes it
returns include information about stairs up and down. You can also tell
it that you can't do stairs at all, and it will come up with some
perhaps circuitous route to get you where you want to go.

eg by asking it to go from Stratford station to Lords, without stairs ,
I learn that St John's Wood has an escalator but no stairs. If I tell
it I can't use escalators OR stairs, it has to look quite hard to find
places to get me off the Underground system - the least silly route
seems to be going all the way out to Kilburn, then getting a bus back.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please

Old May 10th 06, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Ken W typed:

Can someone help?

How easy is access to/from the Jubilee line at Baker St or St John's
Wood?

Baker Street
==========
From north side of Marylebone Road, there is level access to the booking
hall, then escalator, passageway, escalator to the Jubilee Line
platforms.

St Johns Wood
============
From Finchley Road/Acacia Road, there is level access to the booking
hall, then escalator to the Jubilee Line platforms.

I'm on crutches after breaking my hip, so can't manage a flight of
stairs, but can probably cope with the escalator if it isn't busy.
[Travelling about 3pm]

I'm OK at the start of journey, Stratford, since that's a pair of
lifts.

Thanks

Ken

KenATwelsbywrites.com

--
Bob

Old May 10th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

St John's Wood is fine; it's a relatively quiet station and the
escalator goes straight from platform level to street level with a
wide, spacious entrance.

Old May 10th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for your help, folks - it certainly looks do-able, thus saving £20 in
cab fare each time I go for hydrotherapy.

Dave - thanks for the link to the Excel spreadsheet - I don't know how I
missed it.

Anyway this is a good example foe me to quote of how the internet in general
and newsgroups in particular can and do save money and make life easier for
people

Ken

in article , Ken W at

Old May 15th 06, 02:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I note Bakerloo services stopped this morning following radio failure.

What usage for radio is essential to run tube services?

I assume signal light and switch control uses wired links and drivers
control trains - with the exception of the Victoria line.

I hope my assumptions will be corrected here.
--
Walter Briscoe