Old July 29th 03, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Countdown west London

Having gone to work on the 140 bus every day for ten days I have
decided to take my car since Ken cannot be bothered to fix the
countdown system which has been out of action every day. Since this
bus goes to Heathrow and is a premium service this is a double
disgrace. It is all very well trying to persuade people to be green
but idiocy like this helps no one
PHIL

Old July 29th 03, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Phil" wrote in message
m...
Having gone to work on the 140 bus every day for ten days I have
decided to take my car since Ken cannot be bothered to fix the
countdown system which has been out of action every day. Since this
bus goes to Heathrow and is a premium service this is a double
disgrace. It is all very well trying to persuade people to be green
but idiocy like this helps no one

Countdown doesn't work in South London either. The brand-spanking new buses
on routes 57 and 493 don't have the necessary equipment, according to London
Buses ...

Old July 29th 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:31:47 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
Does the couintdown system affect the running of the actual buses and
if not what exactly is the problem that stops you using them to get to
work?

You sit and wait but no bus ever comes. Have you missed it? Is it late?
Has Harrow Bus Station turned into a black hole and all the 140's are
being sucked into it and out into hyper space?
If you sit and wait at a bus stop for 30mins and a bus that is suppose
to run every 10mins doesn't turn up. What do you do? Wait forever? Or go
back home and get your car and drive to work. If you know a bus is
coming. Your be more inclined to wait.

Report broken Countdown signs to London Buses Customer Services.

020 7918 4040.

Tell them

a) the location of the bus stop

b) the bus stop number (underneath the stop flag)

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old July 29th 03, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robert Woolley wrote in message . ..

Report broken Countdown signs to London Buses Customer Services.

020 7918 4040.

Tell them

a) the location of the bus stop

b) the bus stop number (underneath the stop flag)

Rob.

Thanks for this info. Rob - pity it is not shown at bus stops though!

I recently 'phoned the number that DOES appear on bus-stops for
reporting damage to shelters. But they told me they were unable to
accept reports of faulty Countdown indicators since this 'is not
damage'. Having gone to the trouble of setting up this hotline I
think it is pretty poor that their system does not allow this. I'm
aware this contractor is only responsible for providing & repairing
the shelters - but it would have been a very simple thing to forward
my report to the appropriate person at London Buses. And I have
complained about this to London Buses - but had no reply, although the
Countdown has now been fixed at that particular shelter.