Old June 22nd 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG on NR without Touching In

I often travel from London Marylebone to Aylesbury on Chiltern.
When travelling around London, my Oystercard normally gets capped at the
Max (Zone 1-A) fare. I know Oyster is valid Marylebone-Amersham on
Chiltern. If I touch in at Marylebone, but don't touch out, will I be
charged the standard fare (which IIRC is £5), or left with an unresolved
journey, or will it work fine next time, which would save me a lot of
money (only having to buy an Amersham-Aylesbury single).
Also, on the way *In* to London (for the first time in a day), do I need
to touch in at Amersham, or can I touch out straight away at Marylebone,
and be automatically charged the Maximum day capping rates.
--
The presence of this signature shows that this message has been scanned
for misplaced apostrophes by the common sense scanner. However, some

Old June 22nd 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe Patrick wrote:
I often travel from London Marylebone to Aylesbury on Chiltern.
When travelling around London, my Oystercard normally gets capped at the
Max (Zone 1-A) fare. I know Oyster is valid Marylebone-Amersham on
Chiltern. If I touch in at Marylebone, but don't touch out, will I be
charged the standard fare (which IIRC is £5), or left with an unresolved
journey, or will it work fine next time, which would save me a lot of
money (only having to buy an Amersham-Aylesbury single).
Also, on the way *In* to London (for the first time in a day), do I need
to touch in at Amersham, or can I touch out straight away at Marylebone,
and be automatically charged the Maximum day capping rates.

You will almost certainly be charged an unresolved £5 in the latter
case, and capping will not include the inbound Amersham - Marylebone, so
you'll be paying £5 extra.

The only solution is to touch in/out at Amersham. If you get on the
train in the right place, you could jump out, validate at the platform
reader, and jump back in again...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7