Old July 1st 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Journey History Now On TFL Website

Yes, you can now access your oystercard journey history on the TFL website
now

Old July 1st 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote on Sat, 1 Jul 2006 -
Yes, you can now access your oystercard journey history on the TFL website
now

Looks like the site has had a major overhaul, very useful to at last
have the journey history

--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it
Old July 1st 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"News_Demon" wrote in message
.. .
Yes, you can now access your oystercard journey history on the TFL
website now

Is that only for registered users?

Old July 1st 06, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:30:12 GMT, Alan OBrien
wrote in :

"News_Demon" wrote in message
.. .
Yes, you can now access your oystercard journey history on the TFL
website now

Is that only for registered users?

Seems so, *and* only if you top up your card online. It gives me owt.

"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if they
have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from Oyster
online."

It knows my balance, so why the discrimination?

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old July 5th 06, 01:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:24:16 +0000 (UTC), "Dr Ivan D. Reid"
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:30:12 GMT, Alan OBrien
wrote in :

"News_Demon" wrote in message
.. .
Yes, you can now access your oystercard journey history on the TFL
website now

Is that only for registered users?

Seems so, *and* only if you top up your card online. It gives me owt.

"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if they
have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from Oyster
online."

It knows my balance, so why the discrimination?

There are two differences from the statements that they post out:

i) It only shows PAYG journeys. Any Travelcard / Bus Pass trips are
not shown.

ii) It shows the credit / debit activity at each gate (e.g. the £5
deducted when entering through a National Rail gateline), but doesn't
differentiate between debits and credits. You can only tell by looking
at the balance column.

Old July 9th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:
Seems so, *and* only if you top up your card online. It gives me
owt.

"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if
they have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from
Oyster online."

It knows my balance, so why the discrimination?

It does not show my journey history.
I have topped up my oyster online, but it hasn't been for a few months.

Maybe it is costly (in computing terms) to export the data to the
website, and so they use `has topped up online` as a flag to work out
who uses the website.

Tim
Old July 10th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi,

Tim Bray wrote:
"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if
they have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from
Oyster online."

It knows my balance, so why the discrimination?

It does not show my journey history.
I have topped up my oyster online, but it hasn't been for a few months.

Maybe it is costly (in computing terms) to export the data to the
website, and so they use `has topped up online` as a flag to work out
who uses the website.

I asked Oyster about this, and it seems to be pretty-much arbitrary:

"Online top-up is required in order to view your journey history
because, when introducing online journey data, we decided initially to
limit the facility to customers who order their pay as you go top-ups
through Oyster online or Telesales, so that we could assess customer
demand and the data handling requirements before deciding how best to
make this information available to a broader group of Oyster
customers."

"A decision regarding the expansion of this facility will be made later
this year."

Boo!

Luke