Old July 6th 06, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Speaking of Worst Group

Knowing that the South Western franchise is up for tender again, I
tried some experimental Whois searches, just to see what I could find
out.

Worst Group seem to be claiming Royal approval!

Domain name:
firstsouthwestern.co.uk

Registrant:
FirstGroup plc

Registrant type:
Not supplied

Registrant's address:
MacMillan House
Paddington Station
London
London
SW1 1AA
GB

Isn't that Buckingham Palace's postcode? :-)

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com

Old July 6th 06, 01:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

James Farrar wrote:

Knowing that the South Western franchise is up for tender again, I
tried some experimental Whois searches, just to see what I could find
out.

Worst Group seem to be claiming Royal approval!

Domain name:
firstsouthwestern.co.uk

Registrant:
FirstGroup plc

Registrant type:
Not supplied

Registrant's address:
MacMillan House
Paddington Station
London
London
SW1 1AA
GB

Isn't that Buckingham Palace's postcode? :-)

--

James, you've let the cat out of the bag - we all know who's the domain
speculator on this newsgroup now! You trying to buy up any possible

I see they've already got firstanglia.com/.co.uk, but
firstmidlands.com/.co.uk is for the taking. I think that's all I can be
bothered to do right now.

The postcode above is almost that of Buck House - it should be SW1A 1AA
(i.e. the above is missing an A).

firstsouthwestern - by appointment to HM The Queen?

Old July 6th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Jul 2006 17:08:47 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

[...]

Nah, I was just trying to figure out which of our beloved rail
franchise behemoths was bidding...

firstsouthwestern - by appointment to HM The Queen?

Evidently.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com