Old July 6th 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Rotherhithe Tunnel Morning peak

Can anybody tell me what the Rotherhithe Tunnel is like around 8 am
going north to south. I will also be coming away from the city so
assume there is a right turn off the A13 into the tunnel approach.

Ta

Kevin

Old July 6th 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:

I will also be coming away from the city so
assume there is a right turn off the A13 into the tunnel approach.

There is... you can see the right-turning lane here.
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...02494&t=k&om=1

Old July 18th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

U n d e r a c h i e v e r wrote:
On 6/7/06 10:31, in article
, "Kev"
wrote:

Can anybody tell me what the Rotherhithe Tunnel is like around 8 am
going north to south.

Weekdays it is congested, but not too bad. 0800 is probably as bad a time of
day as you could choose. It's much quieter just half an hour before.

However bad it is, it's almost always a better choice than Blackwall or
Tower Bridge IMHO.

--

U n d e r a c h i e v e r

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

I was beginning to wish that I had gone through the Rotherhithe tunnel
this moring as they had raised Tower Bridge but on balance I found the
right turn into the tunnel from the Commercial Road to troblesome.
For some reason every thing coming along the Commericial Road heading
westbound seemed to think that they priority even when the lights
turned red.
It wasn't worth the aggro.

Kevin