London Banter

-   -   LT museum depot today and this weekend (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4605-lt-museum-depot-today-weekend.html)

Colin McKenzie October 18th 06 07:51 PM

LT museum depot today and this weekend

I see the depot is open this weekend (21-22 Oct), offering miniature
train rides among other things.

I saw two low-loaders, with loose rails on them, backing out around
noon today. Presumably they had delivered miniature trains, though
they were big enough to carry full-sized ones.

Colin McKenzie

Tom Anderson October 18th 06 09:50 PM

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Colin McKenzie wrote:

I see the depot is open this weekend (21-22 Oct), offering miniature
train rides among other things.

What, 73TS? :)

tom

--
Magic of a sufficiently advanced form is indistinguishable from science

Orienteer October 18th 06 10:10 PM

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
I see the depot is open this weekend (21-22 Oct), offering miniature train
rides among other things.

I saw two low-loaders, with loose rails on them, backing out around noon
today. Presumably they had delivered miniature trains, though they were
big enough to carry full-sized ones.

Colin McKenzie

Probably delivered refurbished D stock

Ian Jelf October 18th 06 10:22 PM

LT museum depot today and this weekend

In message , Colin
McKenzie writes
I see the depot is open this weekend (21-22 Oct), offering miniature
train rides among other things.

Eek, glad I saw this, Colin! For some reason I had the next weekend
(28/29 October) marked in my diary. Has the date been changed at some
point (I can't remember entering it but it would have been a long time
ago) or is my memory playing tricks?

As it happens, I might just be able to get there on Saturday afternoon,
as I have a tour of Maidenhead [1] to do in the morning. As I'll have
a car, does anyone have any advice where I might park in West London
coming in from the M4 for easiest tube access to Acton in the afternoon?

[1] Bizarre I know but you might be surprised.......
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Clive R Robertson October 19th 06 09:22 AM

LT museum depot today and this weekend

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:22:26 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

As it happens, I might just be able to get there on Saturday afternoon,
as I have a tour of Maidenhead [1] to do in the morning. As I'll have
a car, does anyone have any advice where I might park in West London
coming in from the M4 for easiest tube access to Acton in the afternoon?

Osterley (on the Piccadilly Line) is on the A4 -- leave the M4 at
junction 3. The car park costs £2 on Saturdays, according to TfL.

Regards,

Clive
--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.

Spyke October 19th 06 09:31 PM

Orienteer wrote:
"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
I see the depot is open this weekend (21-22 Oct), offering miniature train
rides among other things.

I saw two low-loaders, with loose rails on them, backing out around noon
today. Presumably they had delivered miniature trains, though they were
big enough to carry full-sized ones.

Colin McKenzie

Probably delivered refurbished D stock

Definitely not the miniature trains. I know, cos one of them is still in
my garage :-).

I believe the plan is to have 2-train operation on the depot miniature
railway this weekend, with my 1938TS and a Metropolitan 'A'-class steam
loco in operation.

The railway's new extension and passing loop should also be in use.

Hope to see some of the group there, remember to bring the kids!

- -
Daniel Hill
Little Red Train - London Underground in 1:8 Scale
http://www.littleredtrain.co.uk