Old August 4th 03, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default District line, High St Kensington/Earls Court

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Distance information required!

I've had a look at the Quail diagram, and at
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/district.html, and both *appear* to me
to have a discrepancy.

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct term for metric
units?)

Kilometerage?

Old August 4th 03, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Distance information required!

I've had a look at the Quail diagram, and at
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/district.html, and both *appear*

to me
to have a discrepancy.

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct term for

metric
units?)

Kilometerage?

The term 'chainage' is still used in many cases

Old August 4th 03, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Distance information required!

I've had a look at the Quail diagram, and at
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/district.html, and both
*appear* to me to have a discrepancy.

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct
term for metric units?)

Kilometerage?

The term 'chainage' is still used in many cases

But is it used by LU in this context?

Old August 4th 03, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct term for metric
units?)

Kilometerage?

under the Portuguese/Spanish/French languages (wich are latin, as is
english), that is precisely the used expression (taking the translation into
account of course (Quilometragem (port) = Kilometerage))...so in English it
will probably be correct

Regards

Hugo

"Robin Mayes" escreveu na mensagem